Fallen Empire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I wonder if you can help?

A colleaque bought a t.v. from Empire Direct in 2008, it has subsequently developed a fault in the last few weeks. She was given a three year warranty but when she phoned the contact number the pre recorded message said that the company had ceased trading, and the company that had taken over the business could not or would not honour any warranties. She has paid out about £170 to have the fault rectified. My quetion is does she have any claim against anyone for recompence?:confused:

As the company went into administration I think it would be hard to persue this with anyone.

You may be able to contact the recievers to request a refund of the £170 but they'll be way down the list of creditors.

I would get in touch with the manufacturer. I had a shop a few years ago and on a couple of occassions someone came in asking advice on something that had developed a problem but the shop they originally bought it from had ceased trading. Both times the manufacturers arranged for replacement.

Thanks for your replies. I have passed on your comments. My colleaque is going to make enquiries, she thinks they payed with American express

By the way Wino, it was the manufacturer who charged them for the repair.

By the way Wino, it was the manufacturer who charged them for the repair.

I am surprised at that, even though it was under guarantee?

As said by BSC: Empire Direct went into administration, so whilst your colleague could be registered as an unsecured creditor, my understanding is the odds of getting anything is next to nil.

As said by raydetinu: If it was purchased on a credit card, the credit card issuer has a liability under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm now subscribed to this thread and have a lot of experience in matters like these, so will be happy to try to help if need be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• 2 months later...

:)To all you Caggers

A very grateful colleague bought me a nice bottle of single malt, as she has received a full refund from the bank totalling £780. thanks to your input, I'll raise a glass in your honour.

As she said, she would not have chased this if it had not been for me giving advice, but I would not have known to give the advice if I had not found this site.

Thanks again