Britannia mortgage charges reclaim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mortgage is with Britannia.

I have searced for them on this site, and found no mention.

Does this mean they do not practice unlawfull chargeing?

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Not necessarily - it may be that:

a) all their customers manage their accounts well to prevent charges

b) none of their customers have heard of CAG

But it is strange that they don't get any mention whatsoever, even in the 'Other Institutions' section...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 5 years later...

With regard to arrears charges and reclaiming them. Does the staute of limitations allow us to go back 6 years or 12 years?

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

but in all effects there is no limit

as they are under sec 32c of the limitations act 'a mistake'

but you'll prob have the file to court

who against please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Britannia Building Society. They charge £25 month.

A to Z index

• 1 month later...

Britannia Building Society are saying that their charges have been sanctioned by the FSA and Ombudsman, any advise on the level of charges that have been reclaimed, or are we back to the bank charges scenario, ie they have never been tested in court?

A to Z index

well they would say that!

you CAN reclaim them

are these bank a/c charges or mortgage

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A to Z index

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks caro. This has come about by unemployment causing arrears. They sent the case to local solicitors, I mentioned the charges in reply. The solicitor immediately returned the account to Britannia. Britannia have now said they will not uphold the complaint (what complaint?), and think they can charge me £15 for each statement :-):-).

A to Z index

Thanks caro. This has come about by unemployment causing arrears. They sent the case to local solicitors, I mentioned the charges in reply. The solicitor immediately returned the account to Britannia. Britannia have now said they will not uphold the complaint (what complaint?), and think they can charge me £15 for each statement :-):-).

I daresay they think they can but why would you pay it when you can get so much more info for £10 with a SAR? :p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yep......time for an SAR me thinks

go get them charges back!

dx

and they

yep......time for an SAR me thinks

go get them charges back!

dx

CPR possibly.

A to Z index

Has legal action started? Why CPR rather than SAR?

Has legal action started? Why CPR rather than SAR?

No. It was returned to them by their solicitors.

A to Z index

I'm not very good on the CPR stuff but with a SAR you would get everything. Seems like the local solicitors are not as aggressive as some of the bigger ones used. Would the charges wipe the arrears?

Was there PPI?

Are you able to pay now or is unemployment still a problem?

I'm not very good on the CPR stuff but with a SAR you would get everything. Seems like the local solicitors are not as aggressive as some of the bigger ones used. Would the charges wipe the arrears?

Was there PPI?

Are you able to pay now or is unemployment still a problem?

About half the arrears, no ppi. I may have a job soon.

A to Z index

If they try to take it to court, I will ask for the statements under CPR. They have not supplied them on my request through their solicitors, so the delay will be their fault.

A to Z index

Yes possibly best to let sleeping dogs lie for now, but worth looking into mortgage charges and MCOB to make sure you're ready for them if necessary or when you're in a better position to deal with the arrears.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes possibly best to let sleeping dogs lie for now, but worth looking into mortgage charges and MCOB to make sure you're ready for them if necessary or when you're in a better position to deal with the arrears.

Ok, the sleeping dogs have woken up. Their solicitors have advised that they have issued proceedings. Time to ask for info under CPR???

A to Z index

So what is the procedure here, do I receive a claim form from the court, with defense counter claim etc?

A to Z index

You should get a claim with details of how to defend. You'll need to acknowledge first and that'll give you 28 days from date of service to put in your response. If you want to do a counterclaim you'll need to pay for that.

How interesting. Their solicitors have written and given me a hearing date!

A to Z index

Have they put which court?

I suggest that you write and tell them that you have not been served with any court papers, and can they let you have copies of all the documentation you should have. Ask which court as you want to contact them to find out why you have not been served the paperwork you need in order to respond to the claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks