Welcome Finance hassling me!!

mazbck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a letter in today stating my account was seriously in arrears, and to CALL them within 48 hours or they MAY take legal proceedings to recover the full balance of the account.

Now, thing is, I have sent them the Account in Dispute letter as they havent replied to my CCA request, and the SAR is due within the next few days.

The letter is dated 4th October, and I only got it today.

I posted up the 2 original agreements that I had, would be really interesting to see what the SAR brings back to me. Especially the insurance that wouldnt pay out, and where the refund of the insurance went to.

as i said before

welcomes response ref the insurance/apr rebate / adding early settlement fees

will be

look at the fla guidelines that allow us to do this

the fla is there to suport its paid up members

old boy network

your resplonse will be

where does it state on the agreement or in the t&c that you can charge this penalty

THE FLA HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY

To be honest Im not exactly worried about them, I have more important things to fret over than these bunch of muppets, and as the old saying goes - you cant get blood from a stone - then Im a huge lump of granite:D

Two calls today, which I answered as it came up Unknown and it could have been my son who is in the hospital.

First call he said he was Ian from WF and I said I wasnt allowed to talk to him, and hung up, he then called back and insisted I talk to him, to which I replied, that everything had to be done in WRITING. He said it doesnt matter about that and he had to talk to me. So I laid the phone down and let him waffle on and on for about 5 minutes before I hung up.

All you could here was MRS XXXXXXXXXXX I have to talk to you now!! - several times. During which I fussed over the dog, had a wee sing song to myself :D, made a coffee.

Still waiting on SAR, but happy to give it a few days as the post up here is a bit dodgy just now(7 days for a 1st class letter to get to me).

if this is the 'usual suspect' then dont worry, a real solicitor will make mincemeat of them:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

LOL my sister does that to cold callers...they ask for her and she has two methods one is she says 'I will just go and get her'..and then puts the phone down and goes about her business, the other which I love is she pretends she cant hear them and she is brilliant about it and it winds them up so much, the conversations goes like this 'hello?, hello? who's there? hello?, is anyone there? hello? oh I dont think anyone is there...hello? oh dear I cant hear anyone'....and hangs up...totally brilliant!

the problem experienced with welcome is that they feel they do not have to operate within the law on debt collection and the consumer credit act and tend to think in terms of a battle they have to win. they continue in this way until they are brought to book by a good solicitor or the ICO, OFT etc. a good solicitor is the best option in my opinion, check if you are entitled to any legal assistance also, worth looking into

http://www.legalservices.gov.uk/civil/civil_legal_aid_eligibility.asp#who

Two calls today, which I answered as it came up Unknown and it could have been my son who is in the hospital.

First call he said he was Ian from WF and I said I wasnt allowed to talk to him, and hung up, he then called back and insisted I talk to him, to which I replied, that everything had to be done in WRITING. He said it doesnt matter about that and he had to talk to me. So I laid the phone down and let him waffle on and on for about 5 minutes before I hung up.

All you could here was MRS XXXXXXXXXXX I have to talk to you now!! - several times. During which I fussed over the dog, had a wee sing song to myself :D, made a coffee.

Still waiting on SAR, but happy to give it a few days as the post up here is a bit dodgy just now(7 days for a 1st class letter to get to me).

Well done! It's a pity you don't have a recorder to hear what he actually waffles on about before he realises he's talking to thin air. :D

Well the usual barrage of calls today that have gone straight to the answer machine, but no left messages. Ive had 5 today taking it to a grand total of 12 in since yesterday.

Time now to take the ignoring of the Telephone Harrassment letter further.

Well no phone calls since Friday, but did recieve a Delfault Notice in the post today. So I have fired off a copy of my original Dispute letter to them along with a covering letter.

I shall post up the DN as soon as I can so someone can have a look at it.

• 3 weeks later...

On 19th October, I send WF an Account in Dispute letter, as they have never given me a CCa I requested or provided anything for my SAR. Now my local branch closed down on 01/09/09.

I have recieved a letter today from them, charging me £20.00 for 2 letters. I didnt think they could charge anything extra while the account is in dispute.

I have a very suspiscious feeling that a lot of my paperwork has mysteriously disappearred when the branch closed down.

What is the next step for me?

Yeah the CCA and SAR letters were sent recorded and the postal orders cashed ages ago, they also have had about 4 letters all recorded about the telephone harrassment Ive been getting, although its been all quiet since the end of the month.

You're ok then as you have proof of postage to them, it's their problem.

You should send another letter reminding them of this and also letting them know that all your mail is recorded for proof of delivery. You should maybe add a charge of £2.00 for your letter for having to send another one to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a letter from WF today with a F & F!! They have no chance of getting anything from me at the moment, as the account is offically in dispute, I have received no SAR or CCA!!!

They must be desperate now, as the letter also states that there would no adverse effects of my credit record

They were trying to get me to get a loan with another company to pay off my loan with them!!

I've reported them to Trading Standards ,they have been great.

Just carry on with what you are doing. Don't let them intimidate you.