red - tmobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there the angel from my nightmare,

I received a letter from RED today acting on behalf of LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 - same company!

anyway it is a debt from a few years ago - 3-5 to my knowledge, now i may have paid a few payments via payplan in 2008 (awaiting confirmation) its for just over 350.

what can i do about this as i do not have the money to pay it and i know i cannot cca a phone company, perhaps reduced settlement?

any ideas good folk?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

If you acknowledge the debt, then all you can do is offer to pay what you can. They can either accept or reject this, but the bottom line is they cannot mess with your credit file (and make it worse) and neither can they take you to court easily to make you stump up the balance any quicker (because the paper trail would collapse if you asked them to prove in court the debt existed).

Only you can judge this on the basis of the ongonig correspondence. However, useful pointers include; work out if they are collecting the debt for the principle, OR whether they have 'bought' the debt and are just in it for the money, they can get out of you.

If the latter, here's my rule of thumb; Work out the amount of debt at the time they became involved BEFORE the charges were levied. Take off what you have paid subsequently. Take 60% from this amount, and use this as your starting point. Be prepared to be negotiated down to 40%, but if they don't agree to this - I'd stick your heels in and say you'll just have to be taken to court as you cannot find that money.

(The background to this is, if they bought the debt, they probably paid 20p/£ (20%) and a mark up of 20-25% for a guaranteed payment is still a result for them).