Car Tax Query

brbwithflag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hopefully I'm posting in the right place I found a link somewhere on google suggesting this was the place to visit with my DVLA queries.

Basically I'm buying a car from my uncle tomorrow which he has recently got MOTed for me, I've insured the car this evening and presumably will have no documents tomorrow. Currently the car is SORN I think, the question really is there an feasible (or unfeasible) way I can get the car taxed by tomorrow so that I can drive it away. It's basically my own fault for not checking up or understanding how any of this stuff works, I thought everything could be done online and would be sorted in no time and in my classic style left it to the last minute.

Heres hoping that someone out there can point me in the right direction, or at least someone can definitely tell me it's totally impossible.

Cheers

If you use one of the online insurers you should be able to sort it and print off your own certificate of insurance. (I have used swiftcover.com before but can't remember how quick the insurance document was for me to print off as I had no urgent need for it)

Once you have this, plus the MOT certificate then you should be able to tax it tomorrow. After that you can cancel the online insurance and wait for your current insurance docs to turn up as normal.

Why are there no documents?

Does he not have the V5? If do, you can tax the car using the new keeper's slip from this.

Without the V5 you cannot tax it.

I gather it's the insurance docs that are missing as his uncle hasn't needed insurance to drive it while on SORN

With swift cover you can print the certificate immediately after paying the first instalment.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

If uncle drove it to get the MOT then he had insurance.

So why dont you get uncle to tax on line and then transfer keepers. Job done!! car has tax insyurance and MOT so drive on using on line tax receipt