Fined for no photocard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was fined this morning for no photocard.

I had one years ago but it is around 19 years old and probably lost

I recently started travelling on a weekly train ticket to London (using the photcard ID 123456789 on the machine as I have no idea what my photocard ID is)

This morning I was fined by 'computer says no' type as I did not have the card with me and therefore did not have 'supoporting document'

I provided the ticket, ticket receipt and the credit card used to make the payment, which I would have thought is evidence that I was the purchaser of the ticket.

I was told that without photocard the ticket is not valid.

Should I write the fine off and get a new photocard or is there any way to claim my £20 back?

In short, the answer is no, there is no way of getting the penalty refunded if you were in breach of the conditions.

The specific TOC issue ticket type you refer to requires a photocard to validate it's use and is a part of the conditions of issue.

As the photocard is issued free of charge by the booking office when you take a recent passport type/size photograph of yourself along, I'd just get a photocard and avoid further inconvenience

Hi

I was fined this morning for no photocard.

I had one years ago but it is around 19 years old and probably lost

I recently started travelling on a weekly train ticket to London (using the photcard ID 123456789 on the machine as I have no idea what my photocard ID is)

This morning I was fined by 'computer says no' type as I did not have the card with me and therefore did not have 'supoporting document'

I provided the ticket, ticket receipt and the credit card used to make the payment, which I would have thought is evidence that I was the purchaser of the ticket.

I was told that without photocard the ticket is not valid.

Should I write the fine off and get a new photocard or is there any way to claim my £20 back?

I sometimes forget my photocard and number, Ive noticed that you can press skip on the machine 'enter your number' page, this then prints a ticket without the number, allowing you to at least write it in later.

Andy

Thanks - I suspected there wasn't much I could do about it but thought it was worth asking a consumer action forum.

To the poster that called it a 'silly question', you clearly have too much time on your hands!

SRPO I was fined 20 quid and asked on an appropriate consumer action forum a very specific quetion: if I had grounds to reclaim it, or whether I should just write it off.

This seems to me to be a sensible thing to do.

My point is that for you, typing

your response appears to have been more about finding something to do to fill your day than adding anything constructive to anyone's understanding of the issue.

Good day to you!