Parking on a dropped footway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going overdrawn happens by overlooking payments due out. Parking so close to a junction is just stupid and dangerous. To be honest, people that just have no concept of the problems they cause should be fined. If a child was crossing there, guess who's car would be blocking the vision of other drivers approaching that junction. Just hope it isn't your child that gets knocked over cos some lazy sod can't be arsed to walk a few hundred yards, so plonks the car on a junction.

a) I don't have a child so its unlikely to get knocked over.

b) You do not know why or for how long the OP parked so keep the road safety advice to yourself.The quote from the highway code also says 'do not stop outside a school' why not if its 2am kids should be in bed?

I have had a look at your brothers photo shaz and although i'm no expert I personally would not of parked there as it does look like a dropped kerb. The kerb stones on that corner are completly different to the others in the street.

my brother just sent me a clearer picture which he took. My car was parked adjacent to stone 1 and up to the line on stone 2. However, you can see from the angle how the kerb drops on stone 2 and then is raised on stone 3

Your brother has sent you a picture of a different corner!

In your photos, there are no lines showing, on your brother's photo there are DYL all the way round the corner. If you had parked there, I am sure they would have gone for the DYL offence rather than parking across a a dropped kerb.

In your photos, there are no lines showing, on your brother's photo there are DYL all the way round the corner. If you had parked there, I am sure they would have goe for the DYL offence rather than parking across a a dropped kerb.

yes one of the paving stones is damaged and does look lower. the council have now put double yellow lines where i was parked

I have had a look at your brothers photo shaz and although i'm no expert I personally would not of parked there as it does look like a dropped kerb. The kerb stones on that corner are completly different to the others in the street.

Would have to agree with this...the different kerbstones definitely suggest it is a dropped kerb.

yes one of the paving stones is damaged and does look lower. the council have now put double yellow lines where i was parked

Oops, well spotted G&M. Must be too early in the morning for me. :D

In your photos, there are no lines showing, on your brother's photo there are DYL all the way round the corner. If you had parked there, I am sure they would have gone for the DYL offence rather than parking across a a dropped kerb.

it is the same corner - there were no yellow lines when i parked it is just a recent addition.