Capital One - Credit Card - Charges

PrincessAphrodite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree.....I've had nothing but problems with them from Day 1!!!

They're such a caring company that they harrassed my mum on the same day as my dad died, aswell as everyday for the next two weeks. They were told of the circumstances. I was at the end of my tether by this point and took over from my brothers Nicey nicey tactic and told them plain and simple that if we received another phonecall during the foreseeable future that I would report not only the person on the phone, but the company too.

I didn't receive a phonecall for at least a month!!! :lol:

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

Sorry to hear other people have had problems with them :(

I wouldnt mide if I actually owed them money for things I had bought with the card. But I only ever spent £350-£400 on it and they have had at least £700 back.

They should have accepted that and closed my account as now I am going to try and get back every charge etc so hopefully I will get the £1600 debt wiped and get some money back too!!! The have hastled me for long enough, they will know what it feels like by the time I am finished!!!

Sorry to hear other people have had problems with them :(

I wouldnt mide if I actually owed them money for things I had bought with the card. But I only ever spent £350-£400 on it and they have had at least £700 back.

They should have accepted that and closed my account as now I am going to try and get back every charge etc so hopefully I will get the £1600 debt wiped and get some money back too!!! The have hastled me for long enough, they will know what it feels like by the time I am finished!!!

My balance at the moment is only £250 (limit £200). I know I have paid loads more than that. If they turn around and say that they will wipe it off and close my account should I just accept this or should I fight to get my money back.

It sounds silly but I'm absolutely terrified of it actually going to court!!! Part of me thinks great, my card has gone. The other part of me is saying fight fight fight!!!!

And no, I don't have a split personality or Schizophrenia........well thats what the voices in my head tell me anyway!!!

:shock:

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

My balance at the moment is only £250 (limit £200). I know I have paid loads more than that. If they turn around and say that they will wipe it off and close my account should I just accept this or should I fight to get my money back.

It sounds silly but I'm absolutely terrified of it actually going to court!!! Part of me thinks great, my card has gone. The other part of me is saying fight fight fight!!!!

And no, I don't have a split personality or Schizophrenia........well thats what the voices in my head tell me anyway!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Get the offer in wrighting but still pursue it in full

Then if you have to go to court and they say we despute the charges you can say wh y then did you offer to settle and produce the letter!

Get the offer in wrighting but still pursue it in full

Then if you have to go to court and they say we despute the charges you can say wh y then did you offer to settle and produce the letter!

• 1 month later...

Hi Princess

You seem quite knowledgeable on this one.

Citicard are refusing to send DPA request and are still asking for two forms of ID. Can they do this. They are also saying the letter is wrong etc.

We sent back telling them we were not prepared to fill out forms, and we have sent the £10.

Hi,

They HAVE to give you the information and you should spend NO MORE than £10 on it.

Write again and reiterate the seriousness of the matter should they not release the information and explain Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they still refuse, or do not furnish you with this information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner -

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk - for a breach of the DPA.

If you need any more help - just shout!

Princess of Power!

Hmm, not sure why they need ID for this - a letter with you signing it and your account details in question should suffice.

Bizarre - does anyone else know about this - are they just stalling, being awkward, etc.?

I take it your request was addresses to the banks head office?

Perhaps go ahead and get on with the form? Let nothing stand in your way.

Princess of Power!

Citi Card have conceded that we do not have to fill out their form. :lol::lol:

Have sent of ID, but do they now have 40 days from the receipt of the money, or from the receipt of the ID. Have told them 40 days from receipt of money :evil:

• 3 months later...

]does the same apply to the woolwich building society coz they have taken £35 from my account for a card payment that should never have been requested and because there wasnt enough funds to cover it,i got charged...even tho they didnt pay the company who had wrongfully requested payment??? if ive the wrong site can you tell me who can advise me...ta!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Princess of Power!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks