Boo vs HSBC & Halifax

Boobaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Joined this site yesterday - wow! Been completely blown away with the amount of information - free!! The number of helpful sites posted - free!! Contact details - free!! and no charges - free!! I love it!!!!

Actually joined with real name as user, changed that PDQ.. thus entering another post etc...

I have compiled all outstanding charges from HSBC thankfully I had all statements:) not :(.

A couple of questions if that's okay.

1. HSBC - I have done a spreadsheet of outstanding charges and they total - £2764.00 (can't believe that much incurred over three years!!) Do I now go straight to the initial request letter or should I still submit the DP letter first?

2. Halifax - I closed this account more than three years ago due to the excessive charges, time scales when cashing cheques etc. etc. Can I now go back to the Halifax and carry out the claiming process with them. what's the process regarding getting statements? DP letter etc? Can't believe I destroyed all their statements 6 months ago:mad: .

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

I would just send the initial letter. Generally the DPA letter is for people who don't have access to their statements.

I just went straight to the preliminary letter requesting the fees back.

And to answer your 2nd question. I received my claim money from HSBC just two days ago. The account was closed in 2003.

As long as the charges you are requesting are within the last six years, closed or not , its irrelevant.

You may need to send the DPA to Halifax to obtain the statements, personally id try the friendly approach of asking nicely at the counter first (worked twice for me). :)

Thanks for that info.... But tell me just how nicely did you ask at the counter, I bet it wasn't my ex branch!!

I'm too scared to go into the Halifax I closed my account with them more than three years ago and have had absolutely no dealings with them what so ever!!! What if they've been chasing me for thousands and I don't know about it?? I'm so unbelievably paranoid about this bank I hate them with every fibre of my being.

They were so obnoxious to deal with, they never took into consideration my personal circumstances and yet they told me to speak with them when I was experiencing problems.....?? My other half had just walked out, two kids you know the story - the usual blah, blah, blah so I made an appointment to go and talk to one of the advisors - laid my very personal problems on her new beech desk, she looked at me from behind a very large diamond engagement ring and said to me "What do you expect the bank to do Mrs ****?" Whilst also giving me that patronising look that says - he walked out on you did he, that would never happen to me type look! "As your income has now halved I am unable to facilitate a further loan/overdraft but come and talk to me in six months time when the situation has improved (what? like she's going to take up marriage guidance??) and we will see what we can do then!" I walked out of that bank, opened another account elsewhere and closed that account there and then. I wonder if she still works there......?

Sorry about the novel bet you're sorry you looked now?

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really to tell you. 14 days have now lapsed since I sent DPA letter for two accounts - 26 days to go.... Nothing received to date. No letters, statements or acknowledgements - I can wait!!!:roll:

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Halifax Statements for second account received this morning (obviously the little one!!) Anyway, calculated charges and Initial Request Letter sent recorded along with schedule of charges. I was going to wait for First account statements and combine the two but no idea when they'll come through.

Surprise as well still got £8.63 in this account, thought I'd closed it so will be sorting that out!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

• 2 weeks later...

Could a mod please move this thread to the halifax forum if possible - Thank you!!

Just a quick update.

Statements received for both accounts - 3 lots each!!!!!

Sent prelim letter for account2 on the 21st August - no response so LBA sent this morning.

Sent prelim letter for account1 on the 22nd August - no response so LBA ready to go tomorrow...

Does anyone get any response from Halifax initially or do they only respond at the more serious stages etc...?

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Lovely letter off the halifax this AM - sorry you're unhappy, blah, blah. Clearly outline T's & C's blah, blah. Your responsibility to handle your account blah, blah. As a good will gesture however refund of £100 offered in F & FS blah, blah, blah, blah..... also with regard to my request as to how costs are calculated they unable to supply this information as it is commercially sensitive!!!!!!!

Here's my response - blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, bog off, blah, blah I am unable to detail the rest as you must understand it is commercially sensitive!!!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Thanks BW

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

• 1 month later...

Hi all just a quick update and a question.

Claim submitted on the 18th of October.

Letter received this morning from the Court to say that

The Defendent (Halifax) has filed an acknowledgement of Service on the 20th of October.

The defendent responded to the claim indictating an intention to defend all of the claim and they now have 28 days from the date of service to file a defence.

I know I now just wait, but has anyone had this get to the filing of a defence and then a response by the Claiment stage etc.. If so what do I do next?

Boo x

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all just a quick update and a question.

Claim submitted on the 18th of October.

Letter received this morning from the Court to say that

The Defendent (Halifax) has filed an acknowledgement of Service on the 20th of October.

The defendent responded to the claim indictating an intention to defend all of the claim and they now have 28 days from the date of service to file a defence.

I know I now just wait, but has anyone had this get to the filing of a defence and then a response by the Claiment stage etc.. If so what do I do next?

Boo x

Another update - I contacted the Court this morning and Halifax as yet have not submitted a defence, obviously stalling tactics on their part. I have read loads of other threads that say Halifax intend to defend and then money is credited into their account within the next 7 days!! I no longer bank with the Halifax but have an old account with them that hasn't been activated for at least 3 years. Is it worth me contacting them as it's now been 2 weeks since they said they were going to defend the claim or should I just bide my time??

Thanks

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Another update - I contacted the Court this morning and Halifax as yet have not submitted a defence, obviously stalling tactics on their part. I have read loads of other threads that say Halifax intend to defend and then money is credited into their account within the next 7 days!! I no longer bank with the Halifax but have an old account with them that hasn't been activated for at least 3 years. Is it worth me contacting them as it's now been 2 weeks since they said they were going to defend the claim or should I just bide my time??

Thanks

Boo

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I won, I won, I won............. Letter from Halifax stating that they will pay the full amount - I really thought they were going to take this all the way, cannot believe it, all that lovely lolly just before Christmas, donation will be forthcoming when money received - Thanks CAG couldn't have done it without you - Love you. Boo x

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Well done Boo!!

I will be submitting my court claim for £5.5k (inc. interest) on Friday.

I hope the Halifax are as quick to settle as they were with you.

It's nice of them to boost so many xmas shopping funds, isn't it?

09/10/06:Halifax claims opened with prelims

claim 1 = 1392.38

claim 2 = 1437.74

claim 3 = 1480.76

claim 4 = 0185.32

Changed tactics.

1 claim of £4600 submitted - will travel to england to go to court if required.

27/10/06: LBA sent

01/11/06: Recieved an offer of £764

05/11/06: Refusal of offer sent

11.11.06: MCOL submitted

13.11.06: MCOL issued

16.11.06: MCOL aknowledged

17.11.06: recieved withdrawal of offer letter - too late, it's already with court!

27.11.06: recieved written confirmation from Northampton County Court. Still no correspondance from Halifax. They have until 15/12/06 to respond.

O1/12/06: Settled in full, including interest.