HSBC Bank Charges - Help with Hardship Case Please

Moschops22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim for £2800 is on hold with the courts however I have just been made redundant so I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman who said they will write to HSBC on my behalf asking for my money as I now have no income.

I currently live with my parents and don't pay rent but I have 5 credit cards with £8500 owing. The minimum payment or all of them is £220 a month. Am I likely to get my money back from HSBC for this? Has anyone else had their money back that is in a similar situation? Also how long does it take for HSBC to reply, the Financial Ombudsman said it can take 8 weeks.:(

My claim for £2800 is on hold with the courts however I have just been made redundant so I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman who said they will write to HSBC on my behalf asking for my money as I now have no income.

I currently live with my parents and don't pay rent but I have 5 credit cards with £8500 owing. The minimum payment or all of them is £220 a month. Am I likely to get my money back from HSBC for this? Has anyone else had their money back that is in a similar situation? Also how long does it take for HSBC to reply, the Financial Ombudsman said it can take 8 weeks.:(

The basic answer to the question is that from what you have written, I would say their answer will be no as there are no priority debt arrears. However normally I would advise on credit card charges but I think other will advise CCA requests and that isn't my forte unfortunately.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi Moschops...firstly did you have any PPI cover on any of the cards at all ? If you did it might be worth looking into getting your payments covered.....

I'd also suggest sending off for a copy of your agreement too, commonly known as a CCA request. How long have you held the cards ?

The CCA request is here - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter - remember to enclose a £1 postal order.

I'd also write to the credit card companies explaining your situation.

No I didn't have ppi cover as I wanted to save the money. The banks appeal court case is this week - are we likely to get an answer on whether the charges are unfair or not quite soon?

I don't think we are to be honest.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf