Anyway to get out of contract with 3?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being an O2 customer for years, I decided on a change....

I got a decent deal with 3 and a decent phone, after some technical issues with the phone I returned it to the shop and they replaced it, I again had more issues with the phone so they exchanged it for another model.

I have to say I dealt with the guys in the 3 shop who were great, this was however after I had pulled my hair out with 3s customer service department, who all speak like robots and cant understand what I tell them.

In a nutshell, 3 have terrible customer services (not in the shop)..and bad siganl coverage, the guys in the shop told me 3s coverage was huge, but they would wouldnt they?...

Anyway I wish I hadnt of left O2, I was wondering if there was anyway for me to get out of my contract as I am totally unsatisfied...

They have told me that there is no cooling off period once I have a contract with them I am stuck with it..

Live Long and Prosper!! Dont let the BxxxxxxS get you down....

Claiming back

Barclays £1968.00

Egg £100

MBNA £343.80 Recovered so far £140

You do - you have 14 days to reject. After that you are committed. As for their claim, they do actually offer the best 3G coverage and ahead of any other network. Of course, the other networks also use GSM 900 and GSM 1800 which, having been established since 1990/1995 respectively, IT'S coverage is greater, as you would expect.

Ah I did ask within the 14 day period but I was told by the guys in the shop that 3 had done away with this and that there was no 14 day period now..

Live Long and Prosper!! Dont let the BxxxxxxS get you down....

Claiming back

Barclays £1968.00

Egg £100

MBNA £343.80 Recovered so far £140

Go back and ask to speak to the manager. You were lied to. The 14 days is the industry norm to let NEW users check out the quality of the network where they need to use it. You did, it wasn;t to your liking and you attempted to repudiate the contract but were refused.

You could make a strong case over this, but this would have to have been your FIRST 3 phone (NOT an upgrade1).

If 3 do not operate a 14 day cooling-off period then i don't think that there's much you can do about it. You might need to search their Ts&Cs on their website to double-check.

Buzby, as for 14 day cancellation periods being the industry norm, can you offer any more info on that? From my knowlege, this cooling off chance ceased to be the norm a few years ago, with companies shifting the onus onto the customer to be fully knowledgable about coverage at their intended locations before committing to a minimum term.

As far as i am aware, if the company do not offer a cooling off period, and there is no law currently requiring them to, then you're stuck. (although i'm open to being corrected on this).

Why do you think the networks offered 14 days in the FIRST place? It wasn't because they thought it was a good idea and showing concern for their customers, it was to head off the potential of thousands of conxsumers being able to walk away from their contracts using the judicial process as (a) no opportunity had been given to permit them to ensure the service was 'as advertised', and (b) they would have to show the court that they were at all times being 'reasonable' insofar as networks do not guarantee coverage and the prospect of a consumer signing up to a 2 year duration contract, yet have no service at their home or office premises remained a very real one.

It was THIS that provided for the 'unwriten' rule that customers would be given (very) limited leeway to repudiate the contract and if, after 14 days, they had not raised concerns or a complaint, the contracts was established and the customer was stuck with it. It is also worth remembering that the DSR also affects contracts entered into over the web or by mail order, so what I'm referring to was for those purchasing handsets on trade premises in person.

Also, do not forget that if a consumer is advised by a networks online coverage checker (or instore staff) that is coverage will be 'fine', this forms part of the agreement - even though the coverage shown has advisories noting that these are computer predictions and may vary from the actual covereage recieved. Since (additionally) these checkers only give coverage estimates based on external (ie 'outside') service, someone sitting in their lounge can very well be totally incommunicado, with 'No Service' showing on their handset.

3UK may have advised their staff to reject (Ryanair style) issues like this, and whilst my advice is ALWAYS to check out any network prior to making any formal commitment using a friends or PAYG mobile, or better yet, NEVER sign up to a mobile contract, consumers can go back to protecting their interests formally, by taking the network to court, and having the contract recinded that way.