Natwest at Telford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 18mths ago, I defended a court claim, the judge ordered a stay.

They did not respond to a cpr18.

After that Natwest Telford provided a/c numbers (1 loan/1 current) and a total sum - no split between a/cs

They then closed the loan a/c stating nothing to pay but wanted payment against current a/c stating this was in overdraft.

Next they sent a Termination letter for the current a/c.

I have since received demands from Irwin Mitchell who went away when challenged and now am receiving demands from Shoosmiths who are ignoring the account is in dispute and threating legal action.

I have posted sometime ago re: above and thought the problem had gone away.

I closed my account with Natwest 10yrs ago with a nil balance and have not applied for a new one.

The account no. they list is different to the closed a/c.

It would appear they have created a current a/c and transferred loan balance thus creating an overdraft.

I have read about this type of accounting on the forums.

Can they do this without my permission and how do I respond to Shoosmiths who are now asking for income & expenditure as well my payment proposals.

I would write back stating that you haven't had a bank account with Natwest for 10 years and when you closed it, it was at a ZERO balance also state that it is likely that the debt is entirely made up of excessive charges and it could be that Natwest actually owe you more than you owe them !!

I have an even better idea, Send a subject access request and ask for NatWest archived notes for the account. They will hate me for telling you but then again, they don't want you to know that information do they ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

About 18mths ago, I defended a court claim, the judge ordered a stay.

They did not respond to a cpr18.

After that Natwest Telford provided a/c numbers (1 loan/1 current) and a total sum - no split between a/cs

They then closed the loan a/c stating nothing to pay but wanted payment against current a/c stating this was in overdraft.

Next they sent a Termination letter for the current a/c.

I have since received demands from Irwin Mitchell who went away when challenged and now am receiving demands from Shoosmiths who are ignoring the account is in dispute and threating legal action.

I have posted sometime ago re: above and thought the problem had gone away.

I closed my account with Natwest 10yrs ago with a nil balance and have not applied for a new one.

The account no. they list is different to the closed a/c.

It would appear they have created a current a/c and transferred loan balance thus creating an overdraft.

I have read about this type of accounting on the forums.

Can they do this without my permission and how do I respond to Shoosmiths who are now asking for income & expenditure as well my payment proposals.

Telford are experts at changing account types without their customers knowledge.

Did you have a loan with Natwest?

Take Yourbank's advice and send a SAR.

Edited by paulwlton

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Looks like the RBS group are continuing this "secret" accounting and digging themselves such a hole they will never get out of I can see the plug being pulled on this Bank by the government within the next 2 years it will no longer exist ...unless they come clean NOW!!!!

sparkie

I did have a loan.

Last payment made was 4 yrs ago.

I forgot all about it until the court claim Dec 08.

Until then Natwest had not contacted me.

The poc on the claim showed - no a/c no. type of a/c etc.

After the stay they closed the loan a/c.

I have asked for information but not yet sent a SAR.

Does their nil response to cpr18 help in this matter.

I maybe a little confused here with cpr18 and sar.

Do I still need to send sar even though they have had a cpr18.

Is cpr18 now no longer relevant after court ordered a stay.

Also what argument can I use as Natwest appear to have created a new current account to hold balance of a loan without my permission or knowledge.

I have now sent a sar to Natwest.

Also sent letter to Shoosmiths to again advise a/c is in dispute and quoting harrassment.

I made a mistake earlier the court claim was Dec 07 & stayed Apr 08.

Over last 12 mths first Irwin Mitchell & lately Shoosmiths have said they are awaiting further info from Natwest as I requested.

A long time just to get some basic information.

As it is a current account do they not have to prove I applied and agreed to terms.

Surely they can't close a loan account and then create a current account out of nothing.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...