style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had problems with Bristow and Sutor RE: Council Tax. I was made redundant in April and informed them that I could not keep up with the agreed payment and would make lesser payments when I could afford to do so, which I maintained.

They are now saying that as I did not maintain the origional agreement the full amount is now payable and because I cannot pay it they will come and seize my goods next week even if I am not present. I have explained to them that I now have a new job and get paid at the end of the month and will pay them then, but they will not except this.

I requested a break down of costs from them and have discovered that the £200 check that I sent them a few months back was used to pay a £180 bill for baliff attendance and a van the last time they visited and did not contribute to my payment plan.

My partner signed a walk in possession order so that they would except payment installments and now I am worried that the baliffs will attend while I am out at work and gain entry to my property. They have already threatened my with the police and a locksmith... can anyone suggest what the best course of action is as I don't seem to be able to get through to them despite emailing and calling them constantly!???

I really feel for you i had dealings with this nasty company and spent a whole weekend sleeping on my sofa because i thought they would come and take my car or try to enter my house.

Could you not ring your council and explain the situation, they have a direct line to the bailiffs records and should be able to sort something out.

I never got a response via email although when i rang it was ok.

Im sorry cant offer any more help i really hope you get it sorted.

Let us know how you get on.

i would question the van fees you did not stop paying therefor there was no need for them to try and enforce the levy a bailiff can only charge reasonable costs for van/attendance £180 is not reasonable cost ask the council for a breakdown of this fee van hire costs E.C.T.

ask them what there complaint procedure is concerning bailiffs collecting council tax tel them you want to make an official complaint to the council and if your complaint is not dealt with due diligence you will escalate your complaint to the county court in the form of a form 4 complaint and the local government ombudsman

Thanks Hallowitch (and thanks for pointing me in the right direction earlier...I found the new thread in the end!!) I will defo try to complain to the council tomorrow and ask for a breakdown of van costs. I'm so annoyed that they would charge £180 for a van! I am just really worried about them attending as I have 2 young dogs and don't know how they will react...I know I will be liable for their behaviour though! will have to get this sorted asap...!

P.s they have already threatened to "sort my dogs out" what ever that means