yet another v barclays

richard gibson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

here we go! after reading all the valuable advice on this wonderful site for the last few days,i have started the ball rolling by sending my sar to barclays by registered post along with a cheque for 10 pounds.

so now i sit back and wait for the reply then get on with the complicated bit(no doubt relying on help and support from all you fellow fighters)

will keep you all posted on my progress.happy hunting!:)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
here we go! after reading all the valuable advice on this wonderful site for the last few days,i have started the ball rolling by sending my sar to barclays by registered post along with a cheque for 10 pounds.

so now i sit back and wait for the reply then get on with the complicated bit(no doubt relying on help and support from all you fellow fighters)

will keep you all posted on my progress.happy hunting!:)

Hi and well done.

It's not complicated at all, as long as you're armed with a highlighter, PC and a spreadsheet!!!! :D

sods law,five minutes after previous post what comes through the door?

thats right,standard reply from mr townsend,along with a returned cheque.

"...please be aware that the bank is not under an obligation to present information according to any particular format.Therefore,your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside.You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion."

How many weeks is "the next few weeks",i wonder?

I'll let you know......

• 1 month later...

Day 41, Four envelopes through the post,Masses of statements!!!

I have had a quick scan through them this morning and barclays owe me almost 2 grand without interest.

I will now attempt to use the spreadsheet and send the first prelim......

Keep you posted.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

recieved letter dated 23/10/06 saying that barclays are sorry that i'm unhappy etc....

they have also said that they will investigate the matter for me and get back to me within 4 weeks,or send me a report in 8 weeks!!!

the time scale outlined in my lba finishes tomorrow whereupon i shall be instigating a claim with mcol as the advice i've read in other threads seems to say that i should stick to my own schedule.

the only niggle in my mind is that if this should get to court,would it not seem unreasonable on my part not to allow barclays the time they have said they need to investigate my complaint?

Recieved notice of issue this morning from northampton:

Sent by 1st class 08/11/06

Deemed served 13/11/06

Defendant has until 27/11/06 to reply

Something tells me the defendant will reply 27/11/06 doing that thing they do to gain another 14 days.

Is this the time to start preparing the court bundle? have kept copies of all correspondance recieved from the bank,any other suggestions as to what else needs to be included?

Will be sending the court and barclays the schedule of charges including interest with a covering letter,or am i being a little premature here?

Recieved a letter from barclays this morning saying that they were sorry i am unhappy etc....

They've offered me 1000 as a goodwill gesture.

As this is somewhat short of my claim total i shall be refusing this sum as full and final payment,and will be persuing the full amount through the courts.

Can anyone tell me whether i should be sending more schedules of charges to barclays now,or should i wait until they have filed thier defense,or until i recieve the AQ?

Can anyone tell me whether i should be sending more schedules of charges to barclays now,or should i wait until they have filed thier defense,or until i recieve the AQ?

I can only tell you what I did. When I filed, I sent both of them my schedule which included the 8% interest added. I have sent every letter by recorded delivery.

When I submitted my AQ, I attached another copy to that for the information of the Judge in my local Court.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 weeks later...

They have until 4pm today to file. If they fail, then, after midnight tonight or before 9am tomorrow, apply for judgment on MCOL. If you do it before 9am, then it's dealt with that day. If after 9, it is dealt with the next day.

Keep checking MCOL periodically.

Welshman

Barclays acknowledged the claim just before midnight (Surprise!!!!) so according to mcol,Barclays have untill 28 days from the date the claim was served to enter thier defense,which is the 6/12/06 by my calculations.

Also, I have recieved a letter stating that Barclays have withdrawn their goodwill offer of a grand if i plan to persue the rest of the claim through the courts....Oh well, I can wait.I will not be put off from getting my money back!

• 2 weeks later...

Again,last minute action by barclays.They've filed their defence at the last possible minute.

Am waiting for the paperwork through the post,I expect it will be the usual template stuff with a court date set months away!

Will let you all know...................

Got the AQ through the post yesterday,my case has been transferred to portsmouth county court,not the one in wales that i have been hearing about.

Can anyone tell me what the £100 pound charge is for?could do without that over christmas!

Got to admit,am starting to feel a little nervous over the whole court thing....

Got the AQ through the post yesterday,my case has been transferred to portsmouth county court,not the one in wales that i have been hearing about.

Can anyone tell me what the £100 pound charge is for?could do without that over christmas!

Got to admit,am starting to feel a little nervous over the whole court thing....

Furthermore, you get it and the £120 initial filing fee back when you settle.

Welshman