BT Broadband Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will prob struggle. Best advise is to go through trouble shooting with tech support to see if they can improve your sync rate.

Problem being is that speed is never guaranteed using a copper phone line - there could be a numbe of factors - poor quality wiring, poor quality phone line, line length to the local exchange etc.

If you are deemed to be receiving an "acceptable" connection then they will not terminate without charges - problem being a 0.5mb connection is quite often classed as acceptable......

• 1 month later...

Ive got BT Broadband too and have to agree its rubbish. Im out of contract now so free to move if I want to, the problem is, They are all the damn same!!

But what I cant understand is although they all bleat on about various reasons as to why they cannot supply the speeds they initially con you into signing with them - Usenext can supply superfast speeds instantly. I took up their offer of a free 2Gb trial and I used it in half a day!

The only major problem with Usenext is that they very much defeat their attraction with their restrictions - sign with them for either a 10, 20 or 30 Gb a month limit.

So really they prove that very fast speeds CAN reach you router, but then they shoot themselves in the foot by restricting the amount on a monthly basis.

In other words, I wholly believe that the rest of the major Broadband providers are pulling a fast one!

Merlin 100. Bit of advice about BT broadband, notify BT you are moving and you require MAC code, give them notice in advance because BT are crafty at rolling contracts if you do not tell them you are moving, and will not give you bill until 7 months downline, saying you did not notify them on cancelling and moving supplier and sting you? They did exactly same with me, and cost me about £90.