HSBC credit card, can I get it written off??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ida,

That was letter is soooooooooooo perfect, just what I was looking for.

How do I click on your scale.

I have altered the letter and will be posting first thing tomorrow morning before sports day in a wonderful 32 degrees lol

Thank you

Rosina

Hi Ida,

That was letter is soooooooooooo perfect, just what I was looking for.

How do I click on your scale.

I have altered the letter and will be posting first thing tomorrow morning before sports day in a wonderful 32 degrees lol

Thank you

Rosina

Click on the 2nd Icon on the left of your post (thats the scales)

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have not received any reply to the above letter that Ida very kindly supplied for me, I sent it registered post on 1st July. But I dont think it matters because of the following:

things have got a bit confusing my friend first sent the CCA and gave me the reply that I have posted on here I then used the account number from the details to do the SAR. I have now been told by my friend that they have noticed the aaccount number is wrong. So I have checked all the information and have found that he sent the CCA with the correct account number the information he was sent from HSBC was for a previours account he had with them, I then sent the SAR with the wrong account number.:confused::confused:

So I think I am probably back to the begining and have to start all over and send another SAR, what do you think?

I know they have no contract so they really dont have any thing to reply with. My friend had a credit card with HSBC that was cancelled when he transfered the debt to a flexi loan they then issued another card a few months later with a different account number.

Any help would be great as I am starting to feel like I am getting no where.

Hope that makes sense:)

Many thanks

Rosina

you don't need to send another sar as they should supply all the details for ALL accounts. A sar is for all the details a company holds whether 1 or 10 accounts.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

you don't need to send another sar as they should supply all the details for ALL accounts. A sar is for all the details a company holds whether 1 or 10 accounts.

ida x

Thank you Ida,

I am not sure what to do then as they have only supplied details for 1 account not the 2 nd they have not complied with the SAR and they have not responed to the lst letter:mad:

Any idea's?

edit it this to suit and add the account numbers or reference to any other accounts:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges for account number xxxxxxx or any other account

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

HSBC will ignore your letter, as far as I can tell that's there policy, they denied ever receiving my sars request, until I provided proof that they had cashed my cheque & proof of special Delivery.

HSBC don't have most of the agreements default notices etc. (Inside info)

Email The Chief Executive Stephen Green. Stephen Greens email won't accept external emails.

But you can email his PA. [email protected]

to be forwarded to Stephen Green

I would copy it to the OFT & Tower Hamlets TS [email protected]

Tower Hamlets are the Home Trading Standards for HSBC.

You might think you aren't getting anywhere with the OFT and Trading Standards, but the more complaints the better. Sooner or later they will start taking notice.

Take Care

Jon

Thank you Jon and Ida,:D

I have done what you have both suggested and am now back playing the waiting game.

I really think HSBC are going to make this as difficult as possible:mad:

Oh well thanks to this wonderful forum they will have a fight on there hands.:D

Can't wait to post the next update, hopefully it will be very soon and far more informative than any of the rubbish they have sent so far, but I won't hold my breath.

Many thanks

Rosina:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have had no reply to the letter sent registered post or the email.

Any Idea's ?:confused:

I think they will ignore any letter's for as long as they can, as I have sent the letter twice and the email 3 times. I sent the letter registered so have checked it was delivered.

Many Thanks

Hi All,

I have had no reply to the letter sent registered post or the email.

Any Idea's ?:confused:

I think they will ignore any letter's for as long as they can, as I have sent the letter twice and the email 3 times. I sent the letter registered so have checked it was delivered.

Many Thanks

Pretty much to be expected with HSBC! They seem to think that the Dataprotection act, CCA ETC DOESN'T APPLY TO THEM.

Have you complained to OFT & TS?

Make sure you keep badgering them all.

Take care

Jon