Three payg faulty phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I purchased a handset from a local three store, but it has become faulty.

I took it back to get a refund and was told it is their policy that I could only have it repaired or exchange it for another one.

I said this was wrong and that under the sales of goods act I am entitled to a refund.

Am I right that I can choose whether it is a refund or replacement or repaired?

The 3 shop might be right, you might be right! It all depends on when you bought the phone and how long you had it before it went faulty?

I have had the phone for 15 days and apart from using the phone to top up with the voucher given by 3, it hadnt been used because the phone kept on turning itself off.

Apparently it is a known fault on this phone.

They have to ensure you have a working handset - you are not entitled to hand it back for a refund, so as long as they make arrangements for it to be evaluated and repaired/replaced at their option, your statuatory rights remain intact.

If there are indeed 'known issues' with the handset you chose, take the evidence to the store and say you are not confident that the problem will be fixed and they may arrange to swap it for a different model or make, but they are not obliged to.

They have to ensure you have a working handset - you are not entitled to hand it back for a refund, so as long as they make arrangements for it to be evaluated and repaired/replaced at their option, your statuatory rights remain intact.

If there are indeed 'known issues' with the handset you chose, take the evidence to the store and say you are not confident that the problem will be fixed and they may arrange to swap it for a different model or make, but they are not obliged to.

I looked in the store and there was another phone that I liked, plus they said that I could only exchange for the same model phone. I dont understand why I am not entitled to a refund as I have never had a problem before when something has been faulty.