Carphone Warehouse - Upgrade Lie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did a mobile contract upgrade with CPW 10 days ago. The new contract is 18 months with 11 months free rental. The rep, a Mr James Singleton, told me the cashback would be automatically paid to my bank account, that was why I finally agreed to take the offer because I do not like redemptions. He also said he would send me the contract and details of the offer by post the next day. I waited and waited but nothing has arrived. So I called CPW today, a rep told me I will receive the contract and everything else next month and...the offer is via redemption:-x they do not do automatic cashback:x I will have to send the bills to them every few months:-x.

I decide not to complain to CPW because I can not prove that Mr James Singleton did offer me the automatic cashback, that would be my word against his...

Just be careful when you upgrade your contract over the phone. They will do everything, including lying, to get your money.

Hi A Freeman

Ok well you have 14days to return and cancel your contract or up grade, was the sale done over the telephone or in store.

I would certainly complain, some one has told you tales and you don't want to complain "how many other people will he does this too?"

If it was done over the telephone it would be reordered, if in store i would go and ask to speak to this salesman and his manager.

• Haha 1

Hi A Freeman

Ok well you have 14days to return and cancel your contract or up grade, was the sale done over the telephone or in store.

I would certainly complain, some one has told you tales and you don't want to complain "how many other people will he does this too?"

If it was done over the telephone it would be reordered, if in store i would go and ask to speak to this salesman and his manager.

Hi alfa1_steve

Thanks for your reply.

I did the upgrade over the phone that is why I do not want to complain, because I have no evidence that the rep made such a offer(automatic cashback). Or are you saying I can make a formal complaint even without any evidence?

The answer to your question is yes.

If i was on your shoes this is what i would do.

1) if the upgrade was within the last 14 days i would cancel it you can do this by contacting them or go into a shop.

2) If 14 days has allready passed not long ago ie 7 days i would still request that it is cancelled explaining that this information (instant cashback) has just been brought to you attention and this was not what you agreed ie a breach of contract.

3) If done over the phone it would almost certainly be recorded the reason being that this is a the cpwh way of proving you have a contract as you can not sign anything over the phone, understand?

4) Ask to speak to a manager and explain to him the situation in full and ask him/her to listen to the call, If he says the call is not reordered tell him/her you will send a SAR and then promptly send one including a postal order for £10.00. This will give you every single peace of information held on the account and any telephone conversation typed up.

5) The SAR come's back with sales call transcribed bingo! you got them.

6) The SAR come's back without the call transcribed, ask what proof they have that you signed the contract?

Come back to us with any questions and what the cpwh say, we will do our best to advise ok and hopefully get you some compensation ie cash back promised or the contract canceled.;)

Thanks!!

CPW has offered a very cheap tariff which I agreed to take. If I refuse it and go on to cancel the upgrade deal then I have to go back to the old tariff which is quite expensive.

alfa1_steve, thank you again for the input.

Hi A FREEMAN

Really glad that you managed to get a better deal from the cpwh.

Just make sure you get everything agreed in writing ie new contract.

Pleased i was able to help with my limited knowledge in this area

All the best;)