BT really needs cancelling...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i registered with the site precisely two minutes ago so hopefully the maiden voyage will be more successful than the Titanic's.

Essentially here is my situation; last september/october, i signed up with BT vision, phone line, and broadband, all the bells and whistles, and for a long time (in a shared flat). Now I have moved out, but the bills are still in my name, and current tenants are happy paying for the service as long as they get a copy of the bill each month so I'm not ripping them off (thats BTs job).

Now a major spanner is in the works; the landlady has decided to cancel the lease from June 30th, which is ample notice to be fair to her, but it leaves me in a pickle since the services at the flat will still have to be paid for, even if they are unused, up to September/October. And obviously I wouldnt dream of still charging the other tenants past the moving-out point.

The question is this - how likely are BT to cancel the accounts on compassionate grounds, since the cirsumstances are most certainly out of my control? I have an alternative ISP provider at my current flat so moving the account isn't feasible. To all accounts BT think i still live there, so it would be easy enough to do. Getting a written statement from landlady shouldn't be an issue either, if it's required for BT's purposes.

So if anybody has had this sort of experience before, can they shed light on how BT would handle this sort of thing? Or is it a lost cause? I simply cannot afford to buy out the rest of the contract come the end of June.

Thanks.

Edited by master_of_disaster
missed out a vital bit

I think you know the answer!

The amount you pay is calculated, based on the minimum term agreed. If you terminate early, then as compensation, the balance of the remaining period becomes payable. The only solution is to downgrade the services to limit your exposure to costs you can avoid, and pay only for those you cannot.