Is my loan unenforceable?

NITERIDER17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a loan out with Lloyds in January 2007, 20k. There is approximately 9k outstanding, I dont think I have a copy of the agreement.

What steps should I take? Do i simply contact one of these solicitor firms who will do the work for me?

All help much appreciated!

Request a copy of the signed of the agreed terms and conditions and evidence of the outstanding balance. If you took out payment protection cover or some other similar product under a different guise as the likley hood is that the cover is worthless and\or a con under unfair terms.

I would await proof of the debt before making any further payment if I was in dispute as to how much actually remained on the cointract.

Didnt take any protection, is their a standard letter i can send to them?

Why dont you take some time and read all the valuable information on this site?

all the answers to your questions are already here, you just need to take some time and read it.

not everyone's circumstances are the same, so I suggest you read some of the lloyds threads - and some others in the legal section.

The first thing you need to do (which you would know if you took a moment) is send a request for a copy of your agreement.

My understanding is that Lloyds often try and dodge the issue by sending just current T&Cs or nothing at all.

you should also research the banks right of "set off" long before you consider whether to stop paying them.

here are some threads with template letters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/45691-letter-templates-creditors.html

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

you need to modify the letters to suit your individual situation.

- It would be silly not to do your homework first.