• Tweets

• all DYL's are subject to a TRO. looking at this newish, ever increasing as old ind units have gotten removed, estate, there are only lines on one side, on the other there is a parking lane with traffic calming through which you mention. i seriously doubt your mate has any clue what he is talking about.!! its not a private housing assoc estate. so its a public council owned road. no construction co can just decide to draw their graffiti on a road. the DYLs are certainly there pre 2016 even before his home was built. now ive had a quick look to see if the main access to royal park road has signs. there is no royle park road even on your map but there is a royal barn road which leads to where you are parked royal road has a restriction sign on the pole by the fence of the electric substation jnc with gipsy lane there does not appear to be one leading in from the other end - tesco petrol station
    • Hi All. I was driving in Stevenage down a 40 road.  After coming off the motor way i noticed my car felt a little "weird" so i accelerated, then slowed the car down.  Shortly after i got stopped by a manned police car with a laser. During the stop the officer stated i was doing 54 in a 40, the conversation was short, but he said i would unlikely get a awareness course and it was most likely 3 points and a fine.  Mrs thought it was a good idea to have dairy when she is lactose intollerant on date night, so we just got on our way.  At the time, i didnt admit to the offence, but did say i didnt realise and had slowed down in any case. The officers chest camera was recording and on. At the stop, he asked where to send the fine to, as i knew i would be travelling to visit family up north, i provided my temporary details at that location in Yorkshire. It is now 05/05 and i havent recieved anything at either my home address in Stevenage or the temporary address. 1. Is there a time limit in which paperwork needs to be sent to me. 2. SHould i query the ticket as i dont want to miss any deadlines (if so who do i check with?) OR should i keep queit. 3. Given nothing has arrived in 20 days, is there a chance of appeal if and when it comes through? Many thanks CrazeUK
    • Hi All. A family friends car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the begining of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, howver he said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online (i have a copy of this).  She didnt mention she hadnt recieved any confirmation as she didnt know if she would get one.  She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. She then was travelling up north so didnt get her ,ail until last week. She recievd a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehcile and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she respons by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i got her to dig  out the V5 and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped and is still on his forecourt. Is this possible to appeal?
    • worthy to not forget Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm  
    • Hi All. I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses. The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE. I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house.   In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN.  The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left. PCN Number:         RE######## Date:             04/05/2024 Time:             20:36 Observation:         20:34 to 20:36 Reported location:     Royle Park Road Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01) I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal: 1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.   He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development. 2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road. 3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road). I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot. I have 2 questions: a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current? b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence? Thanks in advance. Map_20240505.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To hopefully try and clear something up. With regards to MOS and any of theirs' or other compilation albums. These companies take out what is referred to as a mechanical copyright. They basically pay for the priveledge of producing a compilation album. The costs involved are something like cost per track + quantity created (the more you make the better the discount). So they will pay someone normally MCPS who then distribute these charges for tracks to the copyright holders. MOS or who ever makes these compilations ( Now 1 - 78 etc) then get to keep all the money they then make. The album is sold with their "Trade Name" like MOS 80's blah blah in order to make money off of their copyrighted album name. Let's just call it Speculative Track Selection !!

Thanks for this, however if I may speculate myself ...

Somebody decides they are going to download Vienna by Ultravox illegally. They go onto a torrent site, search Vienna by Ultravox and it brings up hundreds of different torrents all containing this track. One of them has the Ministry of Sounds name on it. Does MOS 'own' the copyright to all the other versions which appear on Greatest Hits,Vienna (orig album) etc or just the one which appears on a torrent with MOS's name on it.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok should someone be silly enough to download Vienna as you have stated or any other torrent. The copyright for that particular track will belong to whoever compiled that particular compilation, either Ultravox themselves or MOS or HITS etc etc.

Ok should someone be silly enough to download Vienna as you have stated or any other torrent. The copyright for that particular track will belong to whoever compiled that particular compilation, either Ultravox themselves or MOS or HITS etc etc.

Just trying to point out what in my opinion is the ridiculous stance of MOS in relation to this compilation given the scale of downloading. Now if it was original material created by MOS or the original 80s artist then Id understand it.

Do not correspond to these people via phone. Constuct a good denial letter.

The ip address they have quoted is the one that is allocated to your phone number by your isp but why they send letters with 2 different ips is a mystery and puts further evidence to tell us that they dont really know what they are doing.

Every device that you have in your house that connect wirelessly ie a wii, other laptops etc will all have a different internal ip address's.

Phone the SRA asap and report them Solicitors Regulation Authority - Contact us

They are already under investigation.....

I phoned them the other day and this is what the sra told me.

Great thanks for that. I was frantically worrying, coming up with ways of how I could raise £700 :x:x

Will call SRA tomorrow and explain the position...still quite worrying I think

It really is this simple - They have spent money in creating the compilation, as far as they are concerned they expect to make a certain amount of £££ from these albums. If it was myself that had created the album I would expect to get a return on it. But also take into consideration this fact - anytime that compilation is played on air they will get a renumeration for it, but also the original artists as well. The whole music industry is about making money, talent may be discovered along the way but if you consider how much is made through copyright, sheet music, air play, concerts etc etc - it really is a goose laying the golden egg. No one but no one in the industry wants to loose money, what they should consider is pricing it in such a way that everyone can afford it. If they asked you to pay £ 52.00 a year to stream any track(s) from any album(s) unlimited plaing that you wanted you would, but they won't as they can make more money by charging £ 8.00 - £ 15.99 per album. Then again consider that 4 - 6 months after the initial release of an album it normally ends up the bargain buckets of Tesco, Asda,Sainsbury's etc....you can bet that they are not losing money selling them at that price. Rant almost over - ask yourself this, how much does the actual person who wrote the song that topped the charts actually gets from all this speculative invoicing scheme ??? I do not have a clue but I am guessing it is the records companies who are making it and the actual artists are getting a few mouldy crumbs.

@jamuir - by law all radio companies must produce their playlists and from what album / single was involved. I think that you will find that when it comes to MOS don't get a lot for their compilations, only the physical sales.

Can all newbies & those who do not read all of the posts please remember that the only information these people have on you is the information that they receive from your ISP via the (questionable) Norwich Pharmacal Order from the court. This basically is the name of the account holder on the ISP and their address. It does not include you e mail address, your home or mobile telephone number, your marital status, your income, sexual persuation, your inside leg measurement or bugger all. Remember if you wish to call them you probably will give them your telephone number, if you e mail them they will then have an e mail address where they can contact you. They have no information on you except those that the ISP had to give them. They are constantly on the look out to trap you into giving them anything you are willing to give up. A recorded delivery reply (LOD) is all that is require. Just remember that anything that you are willing to give them may very well come back to bite you in the rear end.

Always ensure that your brain is working before you engage your mouth or writing hands.

Can all newbies & those who do not read all of the posts please remember that the only information these people have on you is the information that they receive from your ISP via the (questionable) Norwich Pharmacal Order from the court. This basically is the name of the account holder on the ISP and their address. It does not include you e mail address, your home or mobile telephone number, your marital status, your income, sexual persuation, your inside leg measurement or bugger all. Remember if you wish to call them you probably will give them your telephone number, if you e mail them they will then have an e mail address where they can contact you. They have no information on you except those that the ISP had to give them. They are constantly on the look out to trap you into giving them anything you are willing to give up. A recorded delivery reply (LOD) is all that is require. Just remember that anything that you are willing to give them may very well come back to bite you in the rear end.

Always ensure that your brain is working before you engage your mouth or writing hands.

Im more annoyed really. LOD will be going off soon just making them stew a bit..

Just because they send you a letter by second class pigeon post does not prove you did not get it. They assume that because they have send it by Royal Mail and have a list of it then you cannot say you did not get it. I only say Recorded Delivery because you can then prove you sent something back to them. With regards to wether or not you have any files on your computer that you should or should not have is something that you would know. All I can say is if like me you did not do it, then by all means send a LOD. If however you did do it, try and make a more sensible offer than they are trying to extort from you. We are all on this site trying to offer you some guidance, if you are in the crapper so to speak I think that we would all recommend that you seek professional help.

Great thanks for that. I was frantically worrying, coming up with ways of how I could raise £700 :x:x

Will call SRA tomorrow and explain the position...still quite worrying I think

Can I ask is this two letters for the same song? If so even if you had done it why would you have to pay twice just because your IP address had changed?

Not say you have done it just find this situation even stranger.

Can I ask is this two letters for the same song? If so even if you had done it why would you have to pay twice just because your IP address had changed?

Not say you have done it just find this situation even stranger.

It is for exactly the same album - the only differences are that the IP addresses are different, and the time of the alleged offence - about a week apart (2nd Dec '09, 2nd Jan '10)

Both letters asking for £375/£50

Just spoke to SRA now - they said to write to them with a copy of the letter, and in the meantime, write a LOD.

Just because they send you a letter by second class pigeon post does not prove you did not get it. They assume that because they have send it by Royal Mail and have a list of it then you cannot say you did not get it. I only say Recorded Delivery because you can then prove you sent something back to them. With regards to wether or not you have any files on your computer that you should or should not have is something that you would know. All I can say is if like me you did not do it, then by all means send a LOD. If however you did do it, try and make a more sensible offer than they are trying to extort from you. We are all on this site trying to offer you some guidance, if you are in the crapper so to speak I think that we would all recommend that you seek professional help.

Let me tell you - I know Royal Mail quite well and I know the only real way to get a letter securely to its destination is to send it Special Delivery.

I should have had a letter Saturday or Today at the latest and still haven't got it and that was done internally lol

So for some saying I didn't receive the letter I think they can actually say this - Just because they sent the letter doesn't mean it got to the correct address or even got out for delivery at all. How ever if these people sent them recorded they would have at least had some tracking on them.

It is for exactly the same album - the only differences are that the IP addresses are different, and the time of the alleged offence - about a week apart (2nd Dec '09, 2nd Jan '10)

Both letters asking for £375/£50

Just spoke to SRA now - they said to write to them with a copy of the letter, and in the meantime, write a LOD.

I wonder if this is just a mail merge where by they are just printed and sent without any real checking involved and because your IP changed it was essentially two different colums in an excel spreadsheet.

While it is not relevant if you haven't done it, it doesn't seem to make sense to have two claims for the same album. If that was the case if your ip changed 10 - 20 times which is not under any customer control would you have 10 - 20 claims?

Just thinking about the situation really

Im more annoyed really. LOD will be going off soon just making them stew a bit..

I very much doubt they'll be stewing. They'll not have given it a 2nd thought. They'll have just logged who they sent letters to and will check at a later date who has replied and who hasn't and act accordingly.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks