ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to say thanks for all the posting on this site. Spent a few nights having a good read. When that letter dropped on the mat, my world fell with a crash. Sent LOD and loved the One Show on Tuesday.

You may like this, that ACS:Law advertised on a legal law site for a Experienced Legal Cashier. on 1 July 2010.

The Institute of Legal Cashiers and Administrators, (ILCA)

To his virtual Offices in London.

Please contact A. Crossley, ACS Law, 20 Hanover Square, London W1S 1JY, mark the envelope “JOB APPLICATION” or by email to [email protected]. ”

Also tracing another firm that collapsed:cool::cool::cool:

Has Mr Crossley had a nother failed firm???????

To kaminskis

Did you phone them, If so you Muppet.

ACS:Law is operating from a Virtual Offices. They rent/pay for a prestiges London address only. They Pay for a phone service that redirects calls to a dedicated team of people in some call centre so you call may have been recorded.....

The vitual office is:-

Virtual Office at 20 Hanover Square, London, UK W1S 1JY | Davinci Virtual Office Solutions & Services

Why dont you all have a look, but you will not find ACS:LAW :shock:

And it works like this:-

http://www.davincivirtual.co.uk/howitworks.asp

If you run a small business from home, are often on the road for business, or are trying to start up a business, you know that sometimes it’s necessary to have an office for conferences, meetings or important calls, but renting office space is expensive. Davinci virtual office solutions can help business people just like you with live answering and call forwarding services from live receptionists, meeting space, conference rooms and all of the amenities of a full office without the expense or hassle of running a whole office full time

Edited by day67
forgot to add this at time of posting

Hi Guys

I've been following this forum for a while and here goes my history. I don't do P2P stuff, but I received the first letter at the beginning of June. I replied using one of those templates, even though I modified it slightly.. then the second letter came along at the beginning of July, which I again replied denying it, saying that their letters were tantamount to harrasing and that further correspondence would be treated as harrasment....

Now I've receieved a third letter with a Part 36...

The amount is lower than in the initial letters, but even though I am not gonna pay for something I haven't done.

Guys, what do you think these people are after?

Edited by mrwhite123

Hi Guys

I've been following this forum for a while and here goes my history. I don't do P2P stuff, but I received the first letter at the beginning of June. I replied using one of those templates, even though I modified it slightly.. then the second letter came along at the beginning of July, which I again replied denying it, saying that their letters were tantamount to harrasing and that further correspondence would be treated as harrasment....

Now I've receieved a third letter with a Part 36...

The amount is lower than in the initial letters, but even though I am not gonna pay for something I haven't done.

Guys, what do you think these people are after?

Can you give a little bit more info was ACS or GM was it for music or a 'film'? Just curious if it is the same as everyone elses.

laptop

The ip address of the laptop and the one detailed in the letter will be somthing like 82.110.108.xxx

The ip address for the router will look somthing like 192.168.0.1 (default)

This is incorrect.

The IP adddress they indicate is the IP address assigned to you by your ISP and as such will be your routers public address.

Although i'm sure I didn't download the track I have no way of proving it as my PC gave up on me months ago and I had to replace it with a spanking new Laptop. Will they be able to take this away even though I purchased it in March 2010 and this supposed download upload happened last year. As I only received the letter yesterday they can not accuse me of ditching the evidence either. I just do not want them to take away my new laptop!

The evidence lies with your public IP address, not your PC.

How come it is the same album mos the annual 2010 and all in the november december time also how can they fine you when you have only downloaded it and not uploaded it smells a bit fishy to me:evil:

If you downloaded through torrents it you shared it and thus have uploaded it also.

i know, but i'm sure people would appreciate they're pc's to look untampered with.

There's nothing makes your pc look tampered with like a bit of disk cleaning software on it does.

Sets alarm bells ringing straight away.

Edited by Shaggy123

To kaminskis

Did you phone them, If so you Muppet.

ACS:Law is operating from a Virtual Offices. They rent/pay for a prestiges London address only. They Pay for a phone service that redirects calls to a dedicated team of people in some call centre so you call may have been recorded.....

NO I DID NOT RING THEM, I WENT TO SEE MY SOLICITOR, AND HE SAYS THAT ITS VERY STRANGE THAT ANOTHER SOLICITOR, IS SOLICITING IN THIS WAY, AND THE PAPER THAT THE LETTER CAME ON, IS NOT A PROPER LETTERHEAD, I AM SEEING MY MP ON TUESDAY AND HE MAY GET MORE MPS INVOLVED TO BRING TO HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT

my solicitor says it smell like rotten fish, and if they want to pursue it further, he will back me up all the way, as he wants to know how they came to a decision on the amount they are charging for lost fees, bringing the case to court, paperwork etc, how can they say its £300/£375 or more for work thats not even been done yet, lets see what my mp says on tuesday

NO I DID NOT RING THEM, I WENT TO SEE MY SOLICITOR, AND HE SAYS THAT ITS VERY STRANGE THAT ANOTHER SOLICITOR, IS SOLICITING IN THIS WAY, AND THE PAPER THAT THE LETTER CAME ON, IS NOT A PROPER LETTERHEAD, I AM SEEING MY MP ON TUESDAY AND HE MAY GET MORE MPS INVOLVED TO BRING TO HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT

Welcome to last year.

NO I DID NOT RING THEM

I'd suggest first of all you get your story straight.

also by admitting over the phone I have no choice but to pay within 21 days or go to court

So did you phone them or not? It's difficult for people to help if they're struggling with the facts.

I'd suggest first of all you get your story straight.

So did you phone them or not? It's difficult for people to help if they're struggling with the facts.

NO I DID NOT PHONE THEM, AND IM TRYING TO HELP ALSO WITH THE LETTERS IM GETTING

I WOULDNT WASTE A PHONE CALL TO THEM OR EVEN A STAMP

i have read that if you submit an LOD then they know you have recieved the letter, go see a free legal solictor for advice, i did and this is what he gave me.

File sharing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if I go to see a solicitor for free legal advice he will give me a link to Wikipedia.

I think I'll pass.

Before I did a google when I got my letter I called up the CAB and they advised me to just pay up even though I said I hadn't done it. Glad I didn't take that advice.

where do i go to get the template for LOD for this matter?

Loads of references for LOD templates in earlier pages in this forum. Read them but if you use them you will only get a letter back saying something like "....we find your reply hard to accept as it resembles a Tempate found on the internet..."

Although its not illegal to use a template, why give them another reason to enter into a dialogue with you. Take the advice offered on "The One Show" 27th July and reply in your own words. (Check out the show on BBC iPlayer or on YouTube)

Loads of references for LOD templates in earlier pages in this forum. Read them but if you use them you will only get a letter back saying something like "....we find your reply hard to accept as it resembles a Tempate found on the internet..."

Although its not illegal to use a template, why give them another reason to enter into a dialogue with you. Take the advice offered on "The One Show" 27th July and reply in your own words. (Check out the show on BBC iPlayer or on YouTube)

I'm looking forward to receiving my letter rejecting my LOD for being a template. My second letter will ask under which basis in law they refuse to accept it as it fully complies with the code of practice which their letter of claim didn't. I then have the same right to reject their letter of claim as that too was a template.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks