ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surely the laws they are using to get IP details are designed to stop peodophiles and terrorists and should not be used in this way. In fact I would have thought what ACS are doing should be outlawed by data protection and privicy laws.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hardly BT's fault, they were ordered by the court along with all the other IPs to disclose the information, if they hadn't they would have been in contempt of court.

Not true. Utterly and completely wrong. We know for a fact that these solicitors send out a letter asking the ISP to veryniceleythankyouverymuch not challenge the NPO.

If they refuse, they are simply dropped from the NPO. TalkTalk have done exactly this and there has been...

No retaliation. Whatsoever. No contempt of court, nothing. They are simply not on any of the latest NPOs.

Quite so. I wish anyone luck in finding an ISP that will guarantee to refuse to comply with a court order ;)

That's easy.

TalkTalk.

Neutralize UK File-Sharing Legal Threats – Join TalkTalk | TorrentFreak

Although, to be technical, TalkTalk reply to the nice letter they are sent before the NPO with a negative answer. They are not persued any further. They are dropped from the NPO.

TalkTalk have stated that they are willing to defend their Choice to refuse the NPO in court if they have to.

It's hardly BT's fault, they were ordered by the court along with all the other IPs to disclose the information, if they hadn't they would have been in contempt of court.

BT could have chosen to contest the NPO. Virgin Media and Talk Talk did and they were dropped from it. If the evidence was not so questionable, they would have still been left on.

BT have chosen to sell their customers down the river by being so spineless.

Haha really? which ones then?

All they can do is defend/oppose the court action and with the data bill about to get passed into statute I cant see any judge opposing a request for information.

S.

TalkTalk.

Neutralize UK File-Sharing Legal Threats – Join TalkTalk | TorrentFreak

ACS law are such cowards that they simply do not bother pursuing ISPs who refuse not to contest the court order. They are simply dropped from the NPO instead. Remember, they are working on a no-win-no-fee basis so any sort of expensive action to force ISPs to hand over the info directly eats into their profit margin. Also TalkTakl would have a very good chance of winning if it ever went to Europe on the issue of proportionality.

Everyone should be asking why their ISPs are not doing the same.

Hang on if the info they are being given is possibly faulse, as in the p2p info, they how can we for certain say the court order is real?

As H&P has said b4 look at how many solicitors are not having action brought against them when they lie, use deceptive methods etc.

Bryan carter has been known to and the evidence posted on here to send docs that look like court docs and to a untrained eye they are. Also how many time have we heard on here that **** have sent letters saying they have contacted the courts ordering the pass judgement against you for failing to file a defence when they clearly know you have??

Have anybody actually contacted the courts re the order or even spoken to the ISPs legal team about it?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Back on P99 a letter has been shown from TBI Solicitors. On that letter it clearly shows that BT "Do not intend to contest it" - the court order to disclose our details that is. TalkTalk showed ACS that they would fight against these court orders and were dropped from any proceedings immediately. Which in my opinion shows how weak a case these solicitors actually have, but IMO shows how much companies like BT don't give a stuff about their customers and this is probably the reason that there is such a high percentage of BT customers getting chased by ACS and TBI.

So when my contract ends with BT in a couple of months I too will be dumping them for another company, whether I 'd be better off or not is not really the issue in my eyes, but it will loose BT another long term faithful customer.

I contacted BT legal services about the court order and he said they had beenordered too. however at the time I didnt know that TBI were representing more than one company- so I didnt ask him specifically about mine (IN RELATION TO Goldeneye granted by Mrs Justice Proudman) and others are being written to in connection with GMBH media. Is there a way of contacting the courts. the copy of the order I saw was for a judgement in October 2009. I also saw in my letter that it cost the firm £12500 to get the info from the ISP so I take that to mean BT made some money from this. I have just terminated my contract with BT

yes but other ISPs are standing on a principle and not giving in.

HHmm..The above link about Talk Talk is very interesting although its not 100% clear that ACS Law didnt chase them (in fact Tiscalli) because they didnt roll over and hand over their customers details (like the other ISP's did).

Lets face it though, I think it won't be too long before this sorry saga will be bought to an end one way or another, unfortunatly Mr Crossley will be rolling in the money he has received from this dubious process.

Andy

Edited by andydd

HHmm..The above link about Talk Talk is very interesting although its not 100% clear that ACS Law didnt chase them (in fact Tiscalli) because they didnt roll over and hand over their customers details (like the other ISP's did).

Lets face it though, I think it won't be too long before this sorry saga will be bought to an end one way or another, unfortunatly Mr Crossley will be rolling in the money he has received from this dubious process.

Andy

I was with Tiscali when the take over happend and i got a claim from ACS, and i also was going to leave but it was took over by TalkTalk and because TalkTalk thought more of its customers i decided to stay with them, so it looks like Tiscali screwed its loyal customers befor TalkTalk took over.

Nice one and i think all customers should do the same thinking as you M8 LEAVE BT i would not give them any of my business ever again and also tell as many friends and family as pos to protest with you.

so is there no point in proving to them that you were not at home in the periods they say you were infringing?

Why are TBI seemingly looking predominantly at July 2009?

I am furious at BT too for getting me into thsi situation- have cancelled my broadband subscription in protest

I doubt they'll be bothered although if you were in a 12 month contract expect them to come after you for the remainder of it.

Oh, and good luck in finding an ISP who wont comply with a court order.

I doubt they'll be bothered although if you were in a 12 month contract expect them to come after you for the remainder of it.

Oh, and good luck in finding an ISP who wont comply with a court order.

Thanks m8 good luck to you to, but it might pay you to do some research or then again,

Thanks m8 good luck to you to, but it might pay you to do some research or then again,

I'm fully aware Talk Talk didn't comply. Who is to say it wasn't a one off and in future they will?

Who is to say the ISP you left wont stitch you up by adding your IP to the list next time the court order comes along?

Hang on if the info they are being given is possibly faulse, as in the p2p info, they how can we for certain say the court order is real?

As H&P has said b4 look at how many solicitors are not having action brought against them when they lie, use deceptive methods etc.

Bryan carter has been known to and the evidence posted on here to send docs that look like court docs and to a untrained eye they are. Also how many time have we heard on here that **** have sent letters saying they have contacted the courts ordering the pass judgement against you for failing to file a defence when they clearly know you have??

Have anybody actually contacted the courts re the order or even spoken to the ISPs legal team about it?

People from another site (sorry apparently can't link it, or mention it's name (cough beingthreatened, cough slyck) have been at the hearings. They are 100% real and appear on the court's lists of upcoming cases when they happen.

Are they?

Which ones?

Read up. TalkTalk

I'm fully aware Talk Talk didn't comply. Who is to say it wasn't a one off and in future they will?

Who is to say the ISP you left wont stitch you up by adding your IP to the list next time the court order comes along?

They have refused to comply with more than one. This makes it - by defenition - not a one off. They have also stated that they will continue to do so, possibly even once the DEB is passed.

If only i could see into the future, you have a great gift m8, Any chance of next weeks lottery numbers? PS the ISP i left doesn't exist anymore end of Tiscali is now TalkTalk. But hey you stick with whatever isp you wish to stop with and i will do the same.

If only i could see into the future, you have a great gift m8, Any chance of next weeks lottery numbers? PS the ISP i left doesn't exist anymore end of Tiscali is now TalkTalk. But hey you stick with whatever isp you wish to stop with and i will do the same.

Will do. I'll also remain consistent with my defence of the charges. Feel free to keep contradicting yourself in yours.

:roll:

I was with Tiscali when the take over happend and i got a claim from ACS, and i also was going to leave but it was took over by TalkTalk and because TalkTalk thought more of its customers i decided to stay with them, so it looks like Tiscali screwed its loyal customers befor TalkTalk took over.

Not true, I was previously the Customer of an ISP who were bought by Tiscali and Tiscali then by Talk Talk in May 08. ACS accuse me of supposedly infinging copyright sometime on a date after May 08. This is after Talk Talk took them over yet my supposed details have been given to them??

Not true, I was previously the Customer of an ISP who were bought by Tiscali and Tiscali then by Talk Talk in May 08. ACS accuse me of supposedly infinging copyright sometime on a date after May 08. This is after Talk Talk took them over yet my supposed details have been given to them??
Yes this is true thats why i think Tiscali cashed in befor TalkTalk took over.

Not sure if i follow but if the supposed infringment took place after they were bought by talk talk this would suggest that talk talk let the info go not tiscali (in my case at least). Even then the court request in my case was dated in 2009. This would definately than have to be handled by talk talk.

Like I said previously, good luck to people in trying to find an ISP who wont cough up when ordered.

That doesn't make sense. The date of infringement has been given as when he was with Talk Talk. Looks like your foot stomping has come to nothing and you're still with an ISP who coughs. Whatcha gonna do now?

Not sure if i follow but if the supposed infringment took place after they were bought by talk talk this would suggest that talk talk let the info go not tiscali (in my case at least). Even then the court request in my case was dated in 2009. This would definately than have to be handled by talk talk.

Looks like at some point Talk Talk coughed. They might have stopped coughing now but it appears they have history.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks