ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest DJMadMax
It makes you proud to be British when you see the public fighting back against tyranny like this :D

lol i'm going to try my best to take them down just hope that all the info i now have on them will be good to have in the news paper there coming tomoz :D

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody looked at the signature at the end? Surely it would not be signed 'ACS LAW'. I would have thought it would have to be signed by someone considering the seriousness of the claim they are making and not a hand written scrawl saying ACS LAW, and it's a photocopy too. I kmow for a fact that they cannot just come out and ask you to pay £500 to settle out of court when it hasn't even got there. As for writing a LOD, if it is a [problem] surely we would only be writing back to the [problematic] themselves thus showing we have been, partially at least, suckered into the [problem].

Guest DJMadMax
Has anybody looked at the signature at the end? Surely it would not be signed 'ACS LAW'. I would have thought it would have to be signed by someone considering the seriousness of the claim they are making and not a hand written scrawl saying ACS LAW, and it's a photocopy too. I kmow for a fact that they cannot just come out and ask you to pay £500 to settle out of court when it hasn't even got there. As for writing a LOD, if it is a [problem] surely we would only be writing back to the [problematic] themselves thus showing we have been, partially at least, suckered into the [problem].

at this time it is junk mail but it is 100% not a skam there saying it's only done like that as there is so meny to send but dont pay it you sing the form and send it back then you will have to pay it

what was the file you was the name of the ment to of downloaded...?

Guest DJMadMax

it just keeps coming in lol i want to ty all that have helped me get all the info i now have on the i'll let you all know if i have any joy

Logistep has issued a statement contending an IP address is not personal information. Company officials could not be reached Friday.

An IP address can indicate the location of a computer but not necessarily who is using it. Several people could share the same computer, which would have one IP address. But ISPs, as well as wireless routers used in home, can also dynamically assign IP addresses, which adds further ambiguity regarding who is using the computer and who may be responsible for illegally activity conducted on the PC.

That means the person paying the bill for the Internet service may end up as the target of the civil proceeding rather than the offender, adding another worrying factor into the lawsuits, Schaefer said.

I am supposed to have uploaded 'Scooter, Jumping all over the world' at 9.05am on a sunday morning. No-one in this house is EVER up let alone on the computer at that time on a Sunday.

I can understand them photocopying the letter as there are so many but the signature should be somebodys, even if it's only on behalf of someone.

Guest DJMadMax
I am supposed to have uploaded 'Scooter, Jumping all over the world' at 9.05am on a sunday morning. No-one in this house is EVER up let alone on the computer at that time on a Sunday.

I can understand them photocopying the letter as there are so many but the signature should be somebodys, even if it's only on behalf of someone.

like i said it's just a letter to try and make you pay up even if you did not do it.... they can try and make you pay it as much as they want but if it's not a court order it's not even coveing the price of the paper lol

File Name:

Scooter - Jumping All Over [2007][CD+2 SkidVid_XviD+Cov]

File Size:

File ID

F7FD8E0F745.....

you and 100's overs on this file

Edited by DJMadMax

ACS:Law is the legal entity sending out these letters, so it can be signed "ACS:Law" to take effect.

There's a common misconception that legal letters such as these require an individuals signature to be effective, but as, in Law, the organisation is recognised as a Legal entity, with rights/duties/obligations, the organisation can send these letters without an individual having signed them.

looking at my letter ,they want 500.07 ,now i am new to all this but why do they want me to pay £7 for my ISP ADMINISTRATION COSTS.i am i worng in thinking they want money for the work somone else done.ie giving out my details.

so what is the latest action that has happened?

None that I can see.

I have yet to hear of anyone on here having court papers issued.

Interesting that on the website they refer to a US case, (which again is foreign law), and call it a victory for the 'creative industries'.

I wonder which particular creative industry they have in mind?

David

Guest DJMadMax
None that I can see.

I have yet to hear of anyone on here having court papers issued.

Interesting that on the website they refer to a US case, (which again is foreign law), and call it a victory for the 'creative industries'.

I wonder which particular creative industry they have in mind?

David

lol fefer to the US case's... you know why dont you.... thank of the way the US pep's are like there su'ing for dum things and win aka Judge Judy... oooo no my dog jumped becuase your car is to loud so i'm going to su....lol

and there law is not the same as in the UK so they can't even go on that

soz.. but there just full of it..

Guest DJMadMax
emailed scooter web site to see if they know whats going on

know if you go on this [edit] you can file all the files being tracked may be you can ask them all if they know there work is being used to trap pep's in this way...

Edited by steven4064
link to commercial site removed - against site rules

Guest DJMadMax

owell 2pm was told to call ACS:Law back and they will ancer any info i need i'll also be asking if i can rec.. the phone call for when it comes to being put in the paper... lol let see what they'll say then...:D

hi

looked at my letter and my file is the same as others, and madmax im actually 56 and can still dance lol but probably not to scooter lol dont even know what they sound like lol

Guest DJMadMax
hi

looked at my letter and my file is the same as others, and madmax im actually 56 and can still dance lol but probably not to scooter lol dont even know what they sound like lol

lol keep it up she cant tho.. :|

It would be interesting to see what Scooter themselves have got to say about this as mentioned above...

With all due respect to them..they cant be that good that so many people have downloaded their song? :D

I wonder would Scooter themselves be able to sue ACS:Law for using their name like this? ;)

Guest DJMadMax

lol there not happy with what i'v found out and they can't say any thing about what i have asked them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks