SLC want to register a default on old loan

stawbelly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They can try a obtain judgement, but they should be prepared to duck pretty fast to avoid the scrunched up claim form as the judge flings it against the back wall of the courtroom followed by a mouthful of abuse from the judge! :D

SLC- read this- DONT TAKE THE PxSS. JUDGES DONT LIKE IT.

Edited by noomill060

I wouldnt even bother worrying about this, just wait for whatever claim they send you, then put in a defence, turn up and ask for £50 costs for your time they have wasted.

If they are phoning you, start talking about a harassment claim.

• 1 month later...

Well its been quite a while since I sent off the statute barred letter and I have had no response or other letters from the SLC.

Rather than letting it lie now and rear its ugly head later, I would prefer to kill off this thing once and for all.

Is it possible to write a letter along the lines of " have received no reply to my letter of (date) and if you do not reply within (timescale) I will consider the matter to be closed and that you will not be taking any further action on this claimed debt" ???

If thats not possible, shall I just write them another statute barred letter and chase a response? I dont want to speak to them really ,....

I do want to get rid of this out of my life asap ....

any suggestions please?

thanks for the replies.

the credit may show me if they have messed with my credit life by putting a default on it etc, but it still doesnt tell me what i need to do to get rid of this altogether?

assuming they haven't done anything to trash my reputation, shall i do as i wrote before and chase them for a 'closed matter' letter?

i just need them to leave me alone and not send anyone around to the new house once its bought etc .....

i know im probably worrying about nothing, but i cant help it!

any ideas please?

Hi strawbelly!

My personal circumstances very much mirror yours in so much as 'allegedly' having a few Pre-98 Student Loans.

Where I differ, is that I didn't even get around to differring them, I just forgot to inform the SLC of my current address each year. :oops:

...I therefore have NEVER acknowledged ANY alleged Student Loan debt within the last 6yrs. :|

Needless to say, when a letter from Thesis Servicing (...a trading 'style' of Link Financial :rolleyes:) dropped through my letter box out of the blue a couple of months ago, it spured me into action to sort things out......and I promptly put the letter into the bin. :D

My advice to you would be to do just the same.

The ball is deffo in Capquests court + methinks that they are just chancing their arm cos of the % of peeps that will unfortunately fall for all their hype + re-active the 6yr SoLA. :(

Just periodically check your Credit Report.

...To date NO Default has appeared on mine. ;)

:)

Don't panic!

Take a read of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/204489-can-default-notice-placed.html

I'll expand later if needed!!! Hours of fun!!!

hm, interesting read! thanks!

i have checked, there is no default on my credit file as of yet.

i seem to have stopped receiving any sort of correspondance from them

i want to send them another letter, stating debt is statute barred and i want written confirmation from them that the matter is now closed.

what is the best way to do this, and does anyone have a name to write to?!?!

Try this letter from the National Debt Helpline:

National Debtline England & Wales | Sample letters | Dispute your liability for a debt where a creditor has not contacted you for over six years and you have not made a payment or written acknowledging that you owe this debt during that period

Even better, give them a call! They are lovely people!

You'll probably find that you'll get the same standard reply that i did admitting that they cannot use the courts to claim the money back, but the money is still owed...... load of cr*p! They'll keep sending you statements and the odd demand - in which case get the OFT involved. If they confirm that the matter is closed it would probably open the floodgates so you'd be pushed to get it in writing (if anyone does, speak up!!)

Just address the letter to whoever sent you the letter and always send recorded.

Have fun and don't stress about it as they don't have a leg to stand on unless they want to fight a statute through the courts.

• 3 months later...