Subject Access Request - Partnerships

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I read somewhere about this on here a while ago but I'm unable to find it now.

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether a two-person partnership is entitled to do a SAR on their bank.

I think there is some consumer legislation that says that sole-traders and two-person partnerships are considered "consumers" and not businesses. However, on looking at the Data Protection Act, I can only see reference to "individuals".

Any thoughts ??

Thanks

it isn't a question of being in partnerships or being sold traders etc. It is simply about the rights of private individuals to find out what information is being held about them. As an ordinary individual you are completely entitled to know what information your bank holds about you even if this information relates to your position in your partnership.

Good answer BF (and I would rep. you if it were possible :D).

Skippy, That is perfectly correct, in that a "Subject" Access Request is exactly that. It relates to you as a "subject", and has nothing to do with any other affiliation you may have.

....however, they may still try it on. So perhaps worth including a reminder line in the your SAR, if it does not already do so.

eg: "I must remind you that a Subject Access Request requires you to disclose ALL information you hold upon me as an individual; irrespective of whether any such information also pertains to any other personal, business or financial associations I may have with any other organisations, companies or individuals"

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thanks for that, BF and Photoman.

I shall keep you all informed of the how things prevail in the saga of "The Partnership -v- Lloyds TSB".

They are apparently sending me through their various business terms and conditions from 2003-2009 soon. I shall scan them and put them up here in case anyone else needs to view them or may find them helpful.

Skip

Hello Skip!

Further to the above, just make sure you send them a SAR for each Partner. Treat them like two completely individual S.A.R.s.

It could be worth doing both, as one may get to see more than the other, as the S.A.R. could be handled by a different bank employee.

Indeed, with that in mind, maybe stagger the two S.A.R.s by, say, a week or so, just to see if one can tease out more useful information than the other.

Cheers,

BRW