• Tweets

• I had some contact with this company earlier in my working life but I'm afraid there's not a lot I can suggest that you haven't already done. During your grandfather's time  British Celanese was a subsidiary of Courtaulds. Courtaulds was subsequently (after your grandfather had stopped working there) acquired by Alzo Nobel. They in turn closed down the Spondon site and sold it. I have no idea what the number is that you are trying to call. It's a Derby (Spondon) area code but the number appears not to be allocated. From my slim knowledge of the history of the company I would have expected your grandfather's pension to be in the Alzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme.  But Willis Tower Watson are the Pension Scheme Administrator of that scheme and would be the people who should know if your grandfather had contributed. Is your grandfather certain he contributed? Joining pension schemes wasn't compulsory in those days. Or might he have got his contributions returned when he left them? That happened sometimes back then. Sorry not to be of more help.      
    • I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
    • When I first responded to the PAPLOC, and received that 29 page junk back it was accompanied with a letter saying that they had already responded to my request back on Feb 18th 2023,(I never received it). I was just clearing out some paperwork today and found a letter from Lowell, dated Feb 17th 2023, explaining that they were still waiting for the documents from PayPal, and my account was on hold  until further notice.  Does this mean they were lying and can it be used against them if this goes any further? I have now filed my defence, and have had an acknowledgement from Overdales and the court. A little threatening from Overdales , explaining that part of my defence was invalid because they have now complied with the CCA, and they were still waiting for the Default notice from PayPal.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortgage Securitisation - Paragon V Pender Title to Sue Judgements - For Debate & Discussion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody want to check out what info there are on these links

• :spy:

http://www6.paragon-group.co.uk/pgroup.nsf/securitisationMainFS

here is a goodie --- it takes forever to load (when it does download suggest you save a copy amazing ino in there )

http://www6.paragon-group.co.uk/pgroup.nsf/nasec/5BDD369D99C49DBC802579270037E583/$FILE/02%20Mortgage%20Sale%20Agreement.pdf

Edited by tertiary alcohol

Message from The Consumer Action Group

To be able to send PMs your post count must be 30 or greater.

You currently have 11 posts and you can send PMs to following users only:

Docubot, BankFodder, Reviewer, alanfromderby, MARTIN3030, CAGBlogger, Admin, WebMaster, BookMan, NewsBot, librarian, CAGAdmin1, qwe987, MoneyBAGs, caro, sequenci, maroondevo52, havinastella, seanamarts, ukaviator, the_shadow, Mr lex, GuidoT, steven4064, dx100uk, Sidewinder, IdaInFife, slick132, Conniff, ScarletPimpernel, Pat Mustard, freakyleaky, car2403, 42man, cerberusalert, Ell-enn, andyorch, NOMBot, citizenB, ErikaPNP, pete2, andydd, antone, rebel11, honeybee13, BRIGADIER2JCS, ims21, Gbarbm

• 2 weeks later...
Has any one read the papers, but you can't get the MORTGAGE SALE AGREEMENT or the CHARGE why is that?

For Accord this is the Mortgage Sale Agreement

http://www.ybs.co.uk/your_society/treasury/documents/transaction-documents/Mortgage-Sale_Agreem.PDF

And the Deed of Charge

http://www.ybs.co.uk/your_society/treasury/documents/transaction-documents/Deed-of-Charge.PDF

Wasn't hard to find, just googled Accord "mortgage sale agreement" and then Accord "Deed of Charge"

Hope these are of interest to you ITM?

Suggest you download a copy before they go missing

Thanks wfspayback found it and downloaded it.

Yes I am looking into this BIG time and may be now found the way forward, have you read these Hopefully Suetouis will read these now as they show that the seller has transferred ALL rights to the mortgages to the TRUSTEE.

I think they will be removed soon!

Thanks wfspayback found it and downloaded it.

Yes I am looking into this BIG time and may be now found the way forward, have you read these Hopefully Suetouis will read these now as they show that the seller has transferred ALL rights to the mortgages to the TRUSTEE.

I think they will be removed soon!

I have indeed read it...

6.2 For the avoidance of doubt, prior to the completion of the assignment, assignation, or transfer (as appropriate) of any Loan and its Related Security to the Issuer pursuant to Clause 6.1 , with effect from the Closing Date relating to that Loan and its Related Security legal title to each Loan and its Related Security in the Portfolio shall be vested in the Seller and sole beneficial title and interest shall be vested in the Issuer. Prior to perfection of the transfer of the legal title to Loans and their Related Security pursuant to this Clause 6, the Seller undertakes (to the extent that any of the following is vested in it) to hold all right, title, interest and benefit (both present and future) in and under (a) the Loans and their Related Security, following the acquisition of such Loans and their Related Security by the Issuer and (b) any sums that are or may become due in respect thereof, on trust for the Issuer (excluding from such trust any Loans which have been repurchased by the Seller).

6.3 Perfection of the transfer, assignation and assignment in accordance with Clause 6.1 of:

(a) the English Mortgages in the Portfolio shall be effected by means of a transfer in the form of

the relevant Land Registry Transfer set out in Schedule 2 (Register of Transfers);

(b) an SLR Transfer in the case of Mortgages over Properties title to which is registered in the

Land Register of Scotland (substantially in the form set out in Part 1 of Schedule 3);

© a Sasine Transfer, in the case of Mortgages over Properties title to which is recorded in the

General Register of Sasines (substantially in the form set out in Part 3 of Schedule 3);and

(d) the Loans and relevant Related Security shall be effected through notification to the relevant Borrowers and/or guarantors and/or insurers or other relevant third parties of the sale and transfer or assignment or assignation of the relevant Loans and their Related Security,

and, in each case, notice shall be given to each Borrower or any other relevant person of the sale and transfer of that Borrower's Loan and its Related Security to the Issuer and the charge by the Issuer of the Issuer's interest in that Borrower's Loan and its Related Security to the Security Trustee pursuant to the Deed of Charge.

And?

you have also read the Master Definitions and Construction Schedule which you will NOT get.

Why have 6.3 if as it reads and I say if it reads PRIOR to perfection of the transfer of the legal title?

Like page page 3 1

page 4 3.1 (a)

3.9 page 6

3.16 page 8

22.1 page 32

23.3 (b) page 40 d and h?

And?

you have also read the Master Definitions and Construction Schedule which you will NOT get.

Why have 6.3 if as it reads and I say if it reads PRIOR to perfection of the transfer of the legal title?

Like page page 3 1

page 4 3.1 (a)

3.9 page 6

3.16 page 8

22.1 page 32

23.3 (b) page 40 d and h?

Hello ITM?

Do you mean this Master Definitions and Construction Schedule ?

http://www.ybs.co.uk/your_society/treasury/documents/transaction-documents/Master-Definitions-a.PDF

the issuer is BRASS PLc

and The SELLER IS ACCORD

Brass have no assets or money as usual Directors are all the same again.

Exactly, 6.2 of the Mortgage Sale Agreement confirms what the seller (Accord) will own and what the issuer (Brass) will own.

• 2 months later...

The issue I would like to clarify is the separation of the security and the debt obligation. What happens if the final end-user investor in the securitised package which included my personal mortgage goes bankrupt or simply vanishes. How would I know if my lender were continuing to collect (as trustee) on a debt it had already sold and was no longer obliged to service? Due to the reckless investments made and the way these securities were packaged and sold (mixing good debts up with sub-prime) many investors have gone bankrupt. How would the Official Receiver treat a securitised debt obligation? Where does my obligation end? I would really appreciate the highly informed views of this forum on this aspect of the debate. I hold a Northern Rock mortgage issued just before the crash when they were riding the sub-prime securitisation wave and I believe very little due process was followed in the scandalous mis-selling of these products. I think this may be another twist to this thread.

• 1 month later...

"The issue I would like to clarify is the separation of the security and the debt obligation. What happens if the final end-user investor in the securitised package which included my personal mortgage goes bankrupt or simply vanishes. How would I know if my lender were continuing to collect (as trustee) on a debt it had already sold and was no longer obliged to service? Due to the reckless investments made and the way these securities were packaged and sold (mixing good debts up with sub-prime) many investors have gone bankrupt. How would the Official Receiver treat a securitised debt obligation? Where does my obligation end? I would really appreciate the highly informed views of this forum on this aspect of the debate. I hold a Northern Rock mortgage issued just before the crash when they were riding the sub-prime securitisation wave and I believe very little due process was followed in the scandalous mis-selling of these products. I think this may be another twist to this thread."

Hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd try to add some clarity to assist your line of questioning...(you may need to read what I say more than once, because it took me a while to appreciate what I have found...and couldn't believe it either...given that lenders are rampantly re-possession consumers house without remorse)

This is my personal opinion only - when it comes to separation of the security and the debt obligation in relation to a disposition of an interest in land that relates to a mortgage,........... there is no separation within the Law that relates to dispositions of land for the legal interest (the security interest - normally referred to as the 'title to sue' 'cause of action' or right to possession) or the equitable interest (the debt obligation or CMI) for this to happen.

For this conclusion I began by considering the Sale of Goods Act - just to better understand the ambit of how a 'sale' occurs and what the underlying factors are that effect a 'sale'...

From there, I moved onto 'sales in relation to land' and researched 'trusts' - this threw up pieces of legislation that themselves directly relate and made sense (in my mind) to the finding that it is impossible for a lender to purport to 'sell' its interests in land that relates to a consumers mortgage yet retain a legal interest or a cause of action - one such piece of legislation was the Trustee Delegation Act 1999 - at section 10 - it's wording and my interpretation is that it clearly advises that if a sale agreement is accompanied by a power of attorney - together, these 'instruments' have the effect of divesting the lender of both its legal and equitable interest in the land that relate to the consumers mortgage as party to a securitisation financial collateral arrangement that creates a Mortgage Backed Security. ( I know its a mouthful - but I couldn't think of a simpler way of stating the point).....

Please note that I have introduced words here such as 'interests' instead of 'mortgage' - 'disposition' instead of 'sale' and 'interests in land that relate to a mortgage' instead of 'sale of the mortgage' or 'sale of the property' and also 'instruments' instead of 'Mortgage Sale Agreement' or 'Power of Attorney'....

Subtle differences, but I believe.....; more than significant in relation to the debate.

I do not find that the original lender should or could ever be found to be the 'trustee' in such an arrangement. You may already be aware that any prospectus for a securitisation agreement will insist (UKLA Listing Rules) that the 'Trustee' must be identified in the prospectus - if your Lender is identified within the prospectus - then, sure, your lender can refer to himself as the 'Trustee' - but this is most unlikely to be the case with most sub-prime lenders....

It is not a question as to 'what if the end-user investor goes bankrupt' that is of any concern to a consumer (IMO) - the question is....what are your rights as a consumer in the event you become aware that your lender has securitised your mortgage and what legislation is available to you to protect your interests in the land - your home.....

In my opinion, your obligation ends when you can prove in a court of law that the Law of the land says your obligation ended at the time and date that the lender disposed of its interests in the land in relation to your mortgage with the effect of disposing to the SPV rights that became extinguished as soon as the SPV paid a valuable consideration and registered its legal interest at Companies House without serving notice under s.1 LPA 1925 upon you.

There are of course a number of other considerations to be taken into account - and it is not as simple as stated above - but hopefully you will read into what I have posted to help clarify a few of the concerns you raise..........

Again, IMO, an Official Receiver in relation to the Lender and the SPV will be interested in who has the proprietary interest in relation to the land - that is to say, which one of them can prove first in line registration of their interest in the land.

Having gained a legal interest in the consumers land, it stands to reason (IMO) that the SPV in the event of its insolvency would look to the consumers property for redress. In Law, the Lenders bankruptcy should not affect the consumer - but as we know - it does and is affecting them on a daily basis (but, this is the legal issue that has yet to be brought and founded before the courts).

Long before a consumer can consider challenging a lender, you need to source and identify the 'instruments' that effected the disposition of its interest in relation to your land and mortgage (sale) and then consider what the status of your mortgage account was in at the time and date that the disposition was effected, this being because - if you were in actual default at the time of the disposition, you are likely to have an outcome similar to that found in the horsham case...albeit on different grounds, but essentially a similar outcome....

I hope this helps rather than confuses?

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Thank you so much for this. Once again the legal argument appears to fall strongly in favour of the consumer. Indeed every legal argument does as far as I have researched, yet no precedents have been set. Due to the massive implications to the banking industry I feel sure this is not something the courts are going to allow either, however obvious the legal argument put forward. My limited knowledge of the court system leads me to ask if a case such as this could be heard before a jury. If so, perhaps a hugely publicised class action could prevail. I am ready to try it if anyone wants to join me and willing to shoulder my proportion of costs. I believe in the US the "show me the note" campaign is having some success in individual cases, but again no class action has been launched. Whilst I can see the banks fearing and fighting this on every level, they only have the income from debt servicing to protect, having sold and been paid for the debt instrument long ago. This is far less morally defensible as well as legally defensible surely.

Once again many thanks for your interest and insight. I am struggling with the legal complexities here but I am registering that the law is finding it difficult to uphold the principals of "having your cake and eating it". (To anyone interested, on re-reading my previous post I realise I meant to put "I" am ready and willing to shoulder my proportion of costs. This may not have been clear).

you are likely to have an outcome similar to that found in the horsham case...albeit on different grounds, but essentially a similar outcome....

Apple

Hi Apple, can you tell me what the 'horsham' case was and where I can find that?

Ta

A1

Hi Andrew1

This link will better explain that I may be able to: http://www.legalmortgage.co.uk/#/orders-for-sale-after-horsham/4538803765

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Please note in my main post above - where I refer to s.1 LPA 1925 in post '91' it should actually state: s.136 LPA 1925 (my keyboard is playing up)

Apple