CCA Agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone/Anyone,

First Thread! Scary eh!

I have spent a lot of time recently reading on this very helpful site and have today taken the plunge in writing to 5 out of 9 of my credit cards to request CCA's. Left Barclays out as I bank with them and am concerned about the 'Offset' rule.

I will now sit patiently and wait................. a while I expect.

My aim is to eventually get F & F on as many as possible as I have health issues and now concerns about my job due to the current economic climate. My cards are up to date at the moment but minimum payments becoming a struggle.

Whilst there seems to be lots of guidance on F & F on here, I am struggling to find anyone who has been successful, so maybe I am hoping for the impossible, we shall see.

I assume it is better to start separate threads for each credit card as and when or if I get a response. Do I then link it to this one? If so, may need some assistance to do that.

Thanks Wormtail

I didn't say who I had written to but they are as follows:-

Virgin (MNBA)

MNBA (formerly HFC, formerly Beneficial) Had this account for many years and only became a problem when they changed to MNBA used to have salary paid in and standing orders/direct debits out but they put a stop to that when they changed over.

Halifax - Had a letter today advising of yet another rate increase!!

Capital 1

Sainsburys

Looks like Mustang has answered your question already. Thankyou Mustang.

All the best with yours Wormtail

Hi Dotty50

Good luck, I took the plung a couple of months ago, and with the help of this site and the lovely people on here, I have stayed strong and pushed myself through it, because at times i did feel like giving up.

My outcame is, that i have had one success where they could not provide me with an enforcable CCA so they wrote to me saying they are not going to be pursuing the debt.. that doesnt mean it wont stay on my credit file but its one less bill to pay everyone month ;)

The others im still working on, nearly there though i hope, I know it can be a real long drawn out process but just stick to your guns.:)

Thanks

Hi D50,

I would look at changing your bank account to another provider, one you owe nothing to, maybe a basic bank account. This then enables you to go after Barclays as well.

MBNA are terrible, be prepared to stand your ground. I have gone in the last 6 months from not being able to sleep properly to now enjoying the weekly battle with creditors:) None have provided anything that will stand up in court, in fact 2 could not provide anything at all!!

I have been paying £100pm(total) for the the last 9yrs to various DCA`s and now I have an extra £100pm to spend as I dont pay a penny to any of them. All the accounts are in dispute and they still send out the begging letters, but they know they havent a leg to stand on. Happy days.

Good luck

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

6yrs & until they get their pound of flesh unless you put them in their place;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Hi Anyone,

Need help please.

I can find my Thread but cannot read any of the responses!

What am I doing, or not doing as the case may be?

***** Once I put this post on, the full Thread appeared.

AS IF BY MAGIC!!!!!!

Edited by Dotty50

Thanks for the moral support everyone.

Thanks Spartathisis guess you are probably right, just a bit reluctant to close it after 30 yrs plus! Hassle with standing orders/direct debits etc.

I am in the fortunate position of having access to some funds to use and if I can clear some (at as much a reduced amount as possible) and not others then that is what I will look to do, it will all depend on who co-operates with me.

I also don't want it to have a major impact on my credit rating because a re-mortgage could be a future option when I have sorted my finances out because then I will have to sort OH (I assume this is other half)!

OH is other half most people use that its easier and quicker.

Good luck in sorting this out.

Another bank account for you to pay your DD/SO is a good idea even if you don't close the Barclays account. I closed my account with he Co-op after

30+ years, went really smooth in changing my DD over just cancelled one as it was paid and set it up again with the other bank and if you do an on line account its even easier still.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi Dotty50

Good luck, I took the plung a couple of months ago, and with the help of this site and the lovely people on here, I have stayed strong and pushed myself through it, because at times i did feel like giving up.

My outcame is, that i have had one success where they could not provide me with an enforcable CCA so they wrote to me saying they are not going to be pursuing the debt.. that doesnt mean it wont stay on my credit file but its one less bill to pay everyone month ;)

The others im still working on, nearly there though i hope, I know it can be a real long drawn out process but just stick to your guns.:)

Thanks

Thanks for that, do you mind me asking who you had the success with?

Any that I have written to?

MNBA feature a lot have they taken over the planet?

OH is other half most people use that its easier and quicker.

Good luck in sorting this out.

Another bank account for you to pay your DD/SO is a good idea even if you don't close the Barclays account. I closed my account with he Co-op after

30+ years, went really smooth in changing my DD over just cancelled one as it was paid and set it up again with the other bank and if you do an on line account its even easier still.

DG:)

Thank you DG.

I will have a think about it and look at what online accounts are available,

not really thought about doing that, I must admit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Dotty50

If you click on Getting Out Of Debt, or whatever forum you wish to post under, that will take you to all posts on that subject. At the top,on left hand side you will see New Posts button:)

Hello,

I've just joined and am looking for some help/advice to these questions. Can anyone answer?

1. If I move debt or spend money on a card and then try to get the debts written off will I be committing fraud or somehting similiar? (I have sooo much debt but only a littel on my older cards)

2. If I wan to use a solicitor how can I find a good on ehtta won't rip me off?

Thanks

Hello,

I've just joined and am looking for some help/advice to these questions. Can anyone answer?

1. If I move debt or spend money on a card and then try to get the debts written off will I be committing fraud or somehting similiar? (I have sooo much debt but only a littel on my older cards)

2. If I wan to use a solicitor how can I find a good on ehtta won't rip me off?

Thanks

best to start your on thread head and heart, and you may not need a solicitor.

Ok, update.

Only 2 replies to date. Cap1 and Sainsburys (new threads started) but nothing from MBNA x 2. Surprise Surprise! Nothing from the Halifax.

Next step, Account in dispute?

I am still paying minimum payments and will keep doing so in order to protect my credit profile, although I am beginning to wonder if it really matters, in the grand scheme of things!

Keep smiling :)