British Gas/Wescot PLEASE ADVISE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not had anything from either of them - not even had anything saying someone would call round.

Didnt send tel harrassment letter as I changed my number.

what would you suggest please?

they called as they could no longer get you on the phone;)

they will now report back to westcot after their visit,

they should write to you as this is their only option left.

or it may be returned to BG.

you could either wait for contact from either.and take it from there.

or write to westcot telling them that you do not acknowledge any debt to them.

have recieved calls,and visit,and want written proof of the debt.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• Haha 1

Thanks Sam

I will wait for something to come through the post from either Westcot or BG and then I will be back on here asking what to do.

thanks again - all the people on here are absolutely brilliant - you never fail to put my mind at rest and give me the solution.

Can someone advise please? I am getting phone calls from Wescot on my mobile at different times of the day. I have told them I will be writing to them but they say I have to sort it out over the phone and they have the law on their side////// yeah right

Anyway I do not see why I have to pay the full amount plus all their garbled expenses on top, when BG offered me a settlement figure in December 2008 but then because BG messed up my debit card payment I wouldnt pay over the phone and they said it was up to me.

I spoke to BG last week and asked to pay the reduced amount but they have said the offer is now withdrawn and they also said I have to deal with Wescot not them.

I cant pay BG online as it keeps coming up saying that this account does not support payment online.......

I really do not want to deal with Wescot and I do not want to pay extra charges, being as I dont have much money in the first place.

Sorry this is so long but I am getting upset and worked up now and dont know what to do.

Thanks

Report the Wescot clowns to the OFT & trading standards. :mad:

They have no legal authority to money off you - only county court does.

Their claim of having the law on their side is laughable.

Refuse to answer security questions if they ring again - everything in writing only.

Oh & Nelson Guest are nothing more than a desk in the threat monkeys office :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am in a bit of a pickleand wondered if anyone could give me some advice please. I have mentioned on here before about the company Advantis. They are seeking me to pay a bill for electricity which I know I have already paid. The point is I do not have any paperwork relating to this as it was October 2003 and I no longer bank at the same place and have no paperwork as I have moved a few time since then. Now I asked Advantis for copies of the bills but still stating I did not believe this to be my bill and that I did not accept any responsibility etc etc as advised on here. Now they have sent me bills relating to about 12 months - 2003 - 2003 and stating that the last bill is still outstanding. I know that I paid the last bill when I moved out. Now I know that I am going to struggle to prove this so wondered if I could CCA the company as I do not remember signing any paperwork for anything when I moved in and the supplier has changed names since the beginning of me living there.

Hope this makes sense. I am just so annoyed that I am being chased for something I dont owe and that I know I have damn well paid in full!!!!!!

If utility company's are covered by CCA who do I send the CCA to? Is it the DCA Advantis or is it the Utility Company named on the copy bills that Advantis have sent me?

I do hope that someone can give me some advice.

Thanks

Unfortunately, utilities are not covered by the CCA.

You can however, put them to prove the debt by sending letter 18 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Amend to suit, send recorded keeping a copy with your postal receipt, DO NOT sign print your name and come back and let us know how you get on.

Send them this;

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

Thanks for that. I did send that letter and they sent me a letter saying that they would contact the Utility company and get copy bills which they have now sent to me. But the copy of the bills just proves that they have copy bills - I have paid these but unfortunately I do not have proof of this - surely these people cannot just go around asking people to keep paying for things over and over again. I also notice, after reading up on here, that this is coming up to six years in October this year - so I am suspecting that this company are trying their luck and knowing that it is so long since I paid it off they are hoping I will not have the receipts (which I dont) and are trying to frighten me into paying again. Is there somewhere that these lowlifes buy debts that are coming to the end of the six year life span????? and how did this end up on the list when I have paid it???? What do I do now? Is there a letter I can send that says "Not Me" "You got the wrong person" the letter is addressed to me in my maiden name and I am now remarried...... dont know if this helps..

thanks

Thanks for that. I did send that letter and they sent me a letter saying that they would contact the Utility company and get copy bills which they have now sent to me. But the copy of the bills just proves that they have copy bills - I have paid these but unfortunately I do not have proof of this - surely these people cannot just go around asking people to keep paying for things over and over again. I also notice, after reading up on here, that this is coming up to six years in October this year - so I am suspecting that this company are trying their luck and knowing that it is so long since I paid it off they are hoping I will not have the receipts (which I dont) and are trying to frighten me into paying again. Is there somewhere that these lowlifes buy debts that are coming to the end of the six year life span????? and how did this end up on the list when I have paid it???? What do I do now? Is there a letter I can send that says "Not Me" "You got the wrong person" the letter is addressed to me in my maiden name and I am now remarried...... dont know if this helps..

thanks

My father in law had a simular experiance with British Gas a while ago, He had a ebt on a meter that he was paying off, His card was renewed after the debt was clear but he realised the debt was now on this new card again which he had already paid, As he alwasy topped the card up with cash he had no proof of paying off the debt other than the old card, British Gas requested the old card after he telephoned and complained which he sent it to them and never saw it again and they denied ever receiving it or payments being made again the debt in the past. I am not sure what you can do against a utility company I a sure someone on here will be able to help and I will also keep a close eye on this as I would be interested in outcome.