Egg / Capquest / Credit File Problem!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

CCA'd Capquest re: Egg card. The account has been closed their end after my arguing as they could not provide CCA that I requestd.

In my August 2008 Experian Report, the DEFAULT date on this debt was stated as being 25/02/2003

Today, I re-joined Experian to check the defaults had dropped off but now, the credit file shows a new DEFAULT date of 27/02/2004 against this entry.

Initial reaction - what the f***!!! How can default dates change and how do I dispute. I printed off my Aug 2008 credit report so I know I'm not hallucinating.

:mad:

Can someone help me - I don't know how to go about disputing this?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

It's not that it's a new file appeared on my report - it's the same details as last August and my reports before then, it's just the date on the default date has changed?

How do I find out who amended the details? Surely Experian can't amend the information and if they do - can't they smell a rat???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

If I am to contact Experian, does anyone have a good address - I can't find any of the info I need from them on the site!

Is there a letter I should use, or is anyone able to advise what I should put in the letter (recorded delivery I assume)

Thanks x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, Did you send for your Experian Report by post, or did you apply online? If you enquired and go your Report online you can e-mail them directly from the site. I have a similar problem, I believe I may have up to 3 seperate entries relating to the same alleged debt and I have requested further information. You may even be able to join their site without requesting your report. This would probably be the quickest way to get an answer.

www.experian.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I disputed the entry details on my credit file (as the information was due to disappear earlier this year, but quite amazingly has now had an additional year added after i got rid of capquest).

Experian were helpful enough to dispute the details, but i got an email from them, stating:

Further to our recent correspondence, we have been contacted by Citi and Egg (C6) who have advised us that they are unable to amend/delete the entry in question at the current time.

>

> Citi and Egg has requested that you contact them directly on 08451 233 233 regarding this matter. You may wish to include with your correspondence any documentation to support your comments.

>

> The following 'Notice of Dispute' will remain on your report for 28 days. It will then be removed, unless we receive further notification from you:

>

> "THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

>

> Experian is unable to amend this information without the authorisation of the company in question.

>

> Kind regards

>

What do you think I should do now?

Should I write to Egg/Citigroup (and what do I write to them?)

I've had no dialog with them for years as they passed the debt onto capquest and i've had the displeasure of dealing with them instead.

All a bit corrupt feeling.... any advice / letter templates gratefully appreciated!!

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes!! I've got them:

1) on line - experian save all the credit files that you download and

2) on paper - I printed out one last August (2008) so I could mark off what was what and double check details.

I knew that this Egg one was due to drop off my file, so when I went to check a couple of weeks ago, I saw that the original default date had changed from 2003 to 2004....

:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that helps your case big time

contact egg and ask for an explanation or a report will be sent to the fos and ico

do you have a copy of the original default notice

HOLD EVERY THING

complain to experian in writing

give them the ref numbers of the two credit files and request an explanation

they have a duty to make sure the data is correct,

again mention the ico

if no joy, then go to egg for an explanation

experian have to decide with in 28 days or remove the entry

do an online dispute with experian

have you checked equifax/call credit

Hi

I don't have the original default notice - back then my way of dealing with debts was to chuck the paperwork in the bin.... silly me.

I've not checked equifax - i've been tight and didn't want to pay twice but I guess I should huh!!!

All other debts that I defaulted of that time were 2003, not 2004...

Any good advice on what to say in these letters to FOS and Egg and Experian?

Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK

Cool. So i'll write to Egg and Experian, stating both references of my experian report and ask them to explain why the info has been changed and threaten them with FOS...

And to correct it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i would send egg a sar to begin with

dont mention the default or a copy of the default notice might go missing

do a complaint with experian though

give them the two credit file ref numbers

before and after

you may not have to do battle with egg

• 3 months later...