Newlyn Smashed Up Car Window While My Girlfriend Was In It After Refusing Part Payment Of £1000 In Police Presence !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I havn't got specifics at the moment. However the warrant was scrutinized by a legal expert. The form used and issued by Croydon council had reference to something (legislation) that had been abolished in 1994.

Can you provide more detail on this as it could help other people on here.

What happened to the bailiff fees?

This is another example of appalling behaviour by bailiffs and appalling behaviour by the police (the Met again) who inconceivably but permanently seem to be under the fatal misapprehension that it ss a criminal matter when bailiffs try to levy (ie the OP's party wrongfully having deemed to have broken the law) and a civil matter after the bailiff has smashed his way into property he had no rights over.

Most of us might think that the reverse was true.....

The problem with complaining to the police is that they really do not understand the law and think that a warrant typed in a bailiffs office - a private bailiffs office, is the same as the legal warrant they receive from the magistrates court.

I'd be happy to speak to the police on this if it might help.

Don't forget that the police are funded through council tax, so they do have a bit of a conflict of interest. If they really tried to clean up the Bailiff industry it might impact on council tax collections.

• 1 month later...
Kenze. Can I use this incident on my web site to warn others of bailiff abuse and police incompetence?

Yea...sure Fair parking...go for it. I don't know why i didn't get an update about your submission to the forum on here. Sorry for the late response.

Months later...got my car back and got rid of it to ease the bad memories...the dmn thing stressed me out bad. I'm sat here looking at the paper work. Wanna take these guys to court. What do i do ? Go to croydon's citizen advice to get them to help me sue or claim compensation again their very own borough ? I don't know.

The whole ordeal has cost me my girl, my car that i had to repair and sell on and life changing summer of stress.

Just so you guys know. The car was released at no cost but damages etc still outstanding. I was told that the document/form used as a warrant was outdated (legislation reference). I don't know what happened next...i was too stressed to chase up. These people wreck lives...and if mankind to make them pay....life will. trust me!!!

well i would chase this up

you are in line for some serious compensation surely?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Most definatley would accept any help...just dunno where to start. Citizens advice....don't have much confidence in them as i'd be dealing with my own borough. Not sure if it make a difference but it feels that way.

Kenze, if you wish to PM me then please do so. At the moment I am dealing with a case concerning Newlyns whereby they trailed a vehicle via an unmarked van fitted with ANPR and stopped the driver. Two were in the van, neither identified themselves or the company, one walked back to the car and asked the driver to speak to the other still in van.

Having got rid of the driver, the extortionist who went back to the car then took the keys out, gave the driver his house keys and drove off to an unknown destination That was just the start.....

i thought there were some rules that they just can't drive around and hit people on random 'ANPR' pings that have outstanding whatevers?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well if there is it isn't stopping Newlyns, JBW and Whyte & Co who have all lifted cars in the past week.

Reality is that this is happening several times daily without any checks from the police or the councils who employ these bailiffs. Both JBW and Newlyns wear anti-stab gear when on these patrols.

JBW managed to lift a car whose owner has never earned a PCN - and they still have not given it back whilst Whyte & Co assisted by the Metropolitan Police are under the impression that you must now give up all rights to ownership of your car (ie hand over your log book and keys) for allegedly parking one wheel on the pavement

Most definatley would accept any help...just dunno where to start. Citizens advice....don't have much confidence in them as i'd be dealing with my own borough. Not sure if it make a difference but it feels that way.

Did you get the name of the bailiffs concerned and have you conducted a search online to confirm whether or not they were certificated. ?

PLEASE do not give the names on the forum.

Hi TomTubby....I don't know if you remembered that we've been in contact about this. We have :)

In answer to your question :

I have got the name of the bailiff involved. He was apparantly certified by Croydon. I dont know if they revoked his certificate for his actions as i was too stressed out to get involved when the court asked me to reply get more involved. In the end they dismissed it.

That was the complaint part. I'm much stronger and ready to take dem to court in the name of a heavy law suit.

Guest Happy Contrails

Kenze, your thread has become incohesive, can you summarise your case in one post, then say what legal action you want to take.