Doorstep Collector-really angry!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paying off a small debt through a collector for Robinson Way for 6-7 months now without any problems. However last week (well it was 2 weeks ago now), I missed him as I had to pick the kids up from school (he normally calls around 3pm just before I have to leave) usually when this happens he calls back later on the same day, that's fine. But he didn't come back that day, so I assumed I would see him again when he was next due.He actually turned up 3 days later at 7.30pm, and I had nipped to the shops at the time. My 13 year old son was home and answered the door and explained I wasn't home. However the collector could obviously see my collection card and money on the shelf and asked my son to give it to him!!! Bearing in mind my son has never laid eyes on the chap before as he is nearly always at school when he calls. And now I have a son at an impressionable age who has been made aware that his parents have financial problems which is the last thing I wanted. I wrote a letter to RW and the original company complaining about this behaviour and saying I won't deal with him anymore. Do you think I have over-reacted? I was so angry that this 'strange' man had 'co-erced' my son into handing money over at the door rather than calling back another time when I was at home, which i would have thought was the sensible thing to do!!!!!!

Any thoughts??

Thanks for the replies!!

The small debt was in fact 2 small debts, 1 of about £50 from NPower at an old address and 1 for about £100 ish to Studio Cards. I have written complaints to both NPower and Studio and also to Robinson Way who the agent was collecting for. So far have not received a response from any of them so am not sure what to do now?!

Send them this in regards to your store card..... Edit to suit

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

print name. Do not sign - Send with £1 POSTAL ORDER not cheque

This letter will force robbers way to provide you with proof they can demand money. If they cannot prove you dont have to pay although you can continue to pay if you wish and robbers way will know your not to be messed with. Also if they cannot prove then you can ask for a great discount to settle if thats your thing... personally id tell them to go jump for the money.

As for the utilites company... i dont know much about this but I would speak to robbers way (like you already have) and tell them your not dealing with the collector and to sort out another way.

If the caller calls tell them your no longer dealing with them. ITS YOUR RIGHT to do this. No-onbe can force you to pay money at your door. Dont listen to his tripe threats just close the door. They have no legal powers whatsoever.

In the absence of a response and an apology from Robinson Way, you shouldn't pay anything further and certainly not to a doorstep collector.

You can complain away til the cows come home to RW but you won' receive a response until you hurt them in the wallet.

Thanks everybody- due to lack of responses from the companies in question i was beginning to wonder if maybe I had over-reacted as I flew completely off the handle! My hubby said my letter was very acidic!! In actual fact I have had an email from RW this afternoon, very apologetic, investigating the matter, suspended all collection visits, will inform me of the results etc etc and oh, how would I like to continue paying in the meantime?!!!!!!!! The cheek of it!!!!

I have had a quick look at the OFT website about making a complaint but it says it doesn't deal with individuals? Not sure where I should be looking? :confused: