Council Tax Bailiffs -Rossendales - Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone help me please.

I am having to deal with a company called Rossendales, and yes I have been stupid and signed a walk in possession order:cry:, but thats because the man at the door said I had no choice as I hadn't got the £1600 to pay him - which I didn't know I owed as I was declared bankrupt last year and thought all debts went in that.

I made them an offer of £160.00 per month and they responded with £400 pm. I countered with £200 pm they came back with £400 pm I wrote a letter and included my income and expenditure and they sent a letter asking for £400 pm and proof of income. I sent them wage slips and an offer of £250 pm (which I can't really afford) and they sent my a letter sayig i hadn't sent the agreed amount of £400 p, so they were sending a man with a van. I sent them a letter stating that I had not received a response to my previous offer and have been sending them money as per my offers and the debt is now below £1000. That was 2 weeks ago and as yet they have not responded.

I'm sick to my stomach waiting for the man with the van. Please advise on what I do now???

Thanks in desperation

Guest Happy Contrails

Speak to the Insolvency Helpline and find out whether council tax arrears can be nullified in a bankruptcy. Did you list the council tax arrears as an unsecured debt on Form 6.28?

I think a bailiff has made you sign a document under duress without fully understanding the implications so you can ask the document is disregarded, but pin hold your hopes.

Do you fall into any of these categories? http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm#part10

If a bailiff turns up then you have no legal obligation to speak to him or open the door, just ask him to quietly leave your property. Do not tell him your name.

Speak to the council and ask they take the case back to council administration (chris660 is good on this) and say their bailiff is making unrealistic demands you cannot meet. From your post this is all I can see in the way of your trump card, ask for a written breakdown showing the fees you have been charged, if they are unlawful then you have a neat case to get the debt back to council administration.

Do bear in mind there's no such thing as a van fee so dont feel threatened with bailiffs in vans. Techincally a bailiff can break & enter your property if he has previously entered peacefully (you let him walk in) relating to the same debt, but its unlikely a bailiff will do this.

Hi,

Can someone help me please.

I am having to deal with a company called Rossendales, and yes I have been stupid and signed a walk in possession order:cry:, but thats because the man at the door said I had no choice as I hadn't got the £1600 to pay him - which I didn't know I owed as I was declared bankrupt last year and thought all debts went in that.

I made them an offer of £160.00 per month and they responded with £400 pm. I countered with £200 pm they came back with £400 pm I wrote a letter and included my income and expenditure and they sent a letter asking for £400 pm and proof of income. I sent them wage slips and an offer of £250 pm (which I can't really afford) and they sent my a letter sayig i hadn't sent the agreed amount of £400 p, so they were sending a man with a van. I sent them a letter stating that I had not received a response to my previous offer and have been sending them money as per my offers and the debt is now below £1000. That was 2 weeks ago and as yet they have not responded.

I'm sick to my stomach waiting for the man with the van. Please advise on what I do now???

Thanks in desperation

IT'S important that you check whether your council-tax debt was covered your bankruptcy.

Also, check their fees to see how much they are trying to charge you. You might find that they are asking more than they are legally entitled to take.