TV within 12 months warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys

Am I right in thinking that if a TV stops working within the 12 months warranty then the responsibility falls on the retailer and the manufacturer ?

Also, has anyone experienced a similar thing with a major retailer or one that is part of DSG i.e Curry's, what has been their general response ?

If anyone could answer this tonight i would be grateful as want to take the TV back tomorrow ?

Many thanks

TG x

the retailer is who you have the contract with for the warranty /your rights under the SOGA

no matter what DSG will try to tell you,

a garantee is in addition to your statory right under the Sale of Goods Act,

its the retailers obligation under the SOGA to honour this"

Excellent, I will be visiting them tomorrow

Would it be reasonable to expect that the repair will be complete within 21 days of receiving the goods and if they can't repair it, then I could receive a full refund as they no longer do this model anymore and the similar model is in rose black and not sheer black and even this is out of stock

TG x

If it's a large TV, I wouldn't bother taking it in to the shop.

Give the large screen TV helpline on your reciept wallet a ring, they'll do a few basic diognostics over the phone with you, then book an engineer for you.

Saves you lugging a TV all the way back to the shop, as they'll just ring the helpline for you, put you on the phone to give your details, and they'll then make them do the exact same tests in store anyway.

If the TV cannot be repaired within 28 days (21 if you took the whateverhappens rubbish), they'll issue you vouchers to the value of a TV of equivalent specification to spend in any currys/pcworld. There's no need to run around quoting SOGA just yet, it's an early stage, and I really can't see any member of staff in their right mind, denying you a repair, unless they seriously doubt your fault, or find it to not be faulty at all, of course.

Edited by Renzokuken

haha, no it is only bedroom 19 " model........I would rather take it in store rather then be left on hold for eternity

So 28 days would be reasonable for a repair

Thanks for your help.

No problem, but you seem to be missing the point.

If you take it into the shop, they'll make the exact same call, so you'll be stood waiting in the shop in a que, then you'll be stood while the assistant is on hold*. Then you'll be stood until they can get someone from the TV department to test it. Then once they've booked it in for repair, you'll have to go back and collect it from the shop, because the daft couriers will only collect and deliver repairs to the same address.

Just trying to save you some stress and time. But naturaly it's up to you what course of action you take.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

(*We get no special lines to ring, or treatment for being staff unfortunately.)

No problem, but you seem to be missing the point.

If you take it into the shop, they'll make the exact same call, so you'll be stood waiting in the shop in a que, then you'll be stood while the assistant is on hold*. Then you'll be stood until they can get someone from the TV department to test it. Then once they've booked it in for repair, you'll have to go back and collect it from the shop, because the daft couriers will only collect and deliver repairs to the same address.

Just trying to save you some stress and time. But naturaly it's up to you what course of action you take.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

(*We get no special lines to ring, or treatment for being staff unfortunately.)

excellent advice as always.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...