Best way to get me through the month till my student loan? advice please!

ZeuZ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps.

I've been, well, slightly overexuberant with my money the last few months, and have managed to max out the overdrafts on both my Natwest Student Account (£-1250 limit) and my Lloyds TSB Silver account (£-350 limit). Got about £10 left in each.

My student loan of about £1500 comes in on the 5th of May. And I have to pay my rent of £95 by the 1st of May. I'm currently selling stuff on ebay, but thats only gonna make me about £30-50. I've asked for a temporary extended overdraft at lloyds, but since I went overdrawn a couple of months ago (which they made a nice bit of money off, the theifs :mad: ) they said I'm not allowed to do this for another two months. And Natwest said its not possible on a student account.

....so. I've thought about many options I could take, heres my list, could people cross some off for me or just give me some general advice. I dont think some of them are very likely, but I'm really stuck in a corner here so cant think of anything else.

1) Get a Month Loan from a payday web-site that allows students to do so.

2) Open up a new bank account with various banks with an overdraft facility to get me through the month, then close the account when its paid in.

3) Get a credit card.

4) Beg and cry to mommy.*

5) Become a drug dealer.*

6) ???????????????????

The good thing is that I'm starting to work on the 4th of May, so wont have any issues in the future. But getting a job right now (that would pay weekly too) is nearly impossible.

Thanks in advance.

* They were sarcastic

Hi peeps.

I've been, well, slightly overexuberant with my money the last few months, and have managed to max out the overdrafts on both my Natwest Student Account (£-1250 limit) and my Lloyds TSB Silver account (£-350 limit). Got about £10 left in each.

My student loan of about £1500 comes in on the 5th of May. And I have to pay my rent of £95 by the 1st of May. I'm currently selling stuff on ebay, but thats only gonna make me about £30-50. I've asked for a temporary extended overdraft at lloyds, but since I went overdrawn a couple of months ago (which they made a nice bit of money off, the theifs :mad: ) they said I'm not allowed to do this for another two months. And Natwest said its not possible on a student account.

....so. I've thought about many options I could take, heres my list, could people cross some off for me or just give me some general advice. I dont think some of them are very likely, but I'm really stuck in a corner here so cant think of anything else.

1) Get a Month Loan from a payday web-site that allows students to do so. No unless you want tp pay all your student loan to these sharks

) Open up a new bank account with various banks with an overdraft facility to get me through the month, then close the account when its paid in. doubt if you would get one

3) Get a credit card. doubt if you would get one

4) Beg and cry to mommy.* usual route

5) Become a drug dealer.* wont bother to answer that one

6) GET A JOB - WELL DONE

The good thing is that I'm starting to work on the 4th of May, so wont have any issues in the future. But getting a job right now (that would pay weekly too) is nearly impossible.

Thanks in advance.

* They were sarcastic

PGH

Yeah, appreciated, I'm trying really hard to get one at the moment, but the one that I was elligable for was monthly payments, which really doesn't help me. And all the other students have beat me to it now its already Easter, so its very unlikely I'm going to get a job anywhere. Let alone one that pays weekly.

I'm gonna go and chat to a few banks. I'll say I'm really angry with Lloyds for charging me and want to change banks, and tell them I've got finances coming in within a month. Might sway the deal a bit if they think they're getting a customer from their rivals.

Nothing else? QuickQuids looking more and more appealing, because I know for sure that I WILL have the money to pay the loan back. Are there any other ways to get sort term loans that dont involve these online payday groups?

Yeah, appreciated, I'm trying really hard to get one at the moment, but the one that I was elligable for was monthly payments, which really doesn't help me. And all the other students have beat me to it now its already Easter, so its very unlikely I'm going to get a job anywhere. Let alone one that pays weekly.

I'm gonna go and chat to a few banks. I'll say I'm really angry with Lloyds for charging me and want to change banks, and tell them I've got finances coming in within a month. Might sway the deal a bit if they think they're getting a customer from their rivals.

Nothing else? QuickQuids looking more and more appealing, because I know for sure that I WILL have the money to pay the loan back. Are there any other ways to get sort term loans that dont involve these online payday groups?

I thought uni's did emergency loans while you await your grant from studentloans?

I thought uni's did emergency loans while you await your grant from studentloans?

Great, I'll check it out tomorrow. Though my attendance is not very good (infact non-existant) due to my diagnosed depression and social/general anxiety. Which my monetary situation isn't exactly helping at the mo.

Looks like attendance is the first thing they ask about on the form though, I hope they'll accept a doctors note.

• 2 weeks later...