HFO - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have seen a few posts here about HFO and helpful advice. My problem is the same as in im getting phone calls from HFO, but the phone calls are not for me but for my son. he does not live with me any more and hasnt for a good while,, i do have a mobile number which i have given them but they are still calling me and talking about black marks against my address etc. and the last phone call saying i was lying about my son not living here,,, this is because i dont know where he is living but they are saying he is still at my address as far as the electoral roll is concerned... I dont think he is but dont know how to find out?

do i have to just keep putting up with these calls? should i just put the phone down when i relise who it is? The other day a lady who called said someone was coming to my house to investigate?

Any help at all would be appreciated. thank you.

They cannot 'blacklist' an address so don't worry about that. Make a complaint to your local Trading Standards & the OFT about this company and send them (HFO) this letter;

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have informed you that the person you are seeking does not and to my knowledge never lived at this address or held this telephone number.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

Print name do not sign

Edit to suit

• Haha 1

Check to make sure your son's name is not on the electoral roll most libraries have a list then if it is still listed get his name taken off. As cerberusalert says they can't blacklist an address. I would have thought when you are required to complete who lives at your address you have not included in your son. These people will try anything. DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thank you so much, DG and cerberusalert. So i can just ask at the Library to check if he is still listed as living here,,, I honestly dont think he is as he has been left home quite few years,, and when he first left home it was to join the RAF,,, he left the RAF about a year ago or a bit more maybe.

If you can't get the information from your local library, your local council office should be able to tell you. If he was in RAF did he still have a vote from your address if so thats why they say he still lives there. My brother in law was in the Army and he was still registered at his home address. It's just worthy checking and then you can remove him if he is still on it.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

If you can't get the information from your local library, your local council office should be able to tell you. If he was in RAF did he still have a vote from your address if so thats why they say he still lives there. My brother in law was in the Army and he was still registered at his home address. It's just worthy checking and then you can remove him if he is still on it.

DG

Ok thanks again:)

The other day a lady who called said someone was coming to my house to investigate?

Include this in your letter too;

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

Yours sincerely,

thanks again for all your help. The thing is about saying i am prepared to communicate in writing,, i honestly cant see why i should have to communicate with them at all:mad: I will definatley see about having him taken off the electoral roll at this address, i can only think he has just ben left on with him being in the forces,,, and i have probaby just put the last form to one side and not changed the details out of forgetfulness or laziness:rolleyes:

The thing is about saying i am prepared to communicate in writing,, i honestly cant see why i should have to communicate with them at al

Just delete the sentence Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop back to say thanks for your help:) i sent off the letter and had a phone call from someone apologising but couldnt find where my phone number was connected to them ,,, it eventually transpired my letter had not went to HFO but a place called Roxburghe? apparently HFO is their parent company? Anyway i had taken the address off their website but as soon as i mentioned HFO she realised what had happened and promised she would have my number taken off their list and i wouldnt receive any more calls. I also told her about the calls i had from a mobile number and she was delighted i had taken the number down so i could give it to her:) Anyway,, no more phone calls from them at all so once again,, thank you so much:)