Collect Services has put my car on PCN ANPR Database

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from collect services today stating the following;

"WARNING OF INTENDED SEIZURE OF VEHICLE AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION IN USE

Dear XXXX XXXX

Due to your failure to settle this unpaid Penalty Charge Notice(s) your vehicle has now been included on our outstanding PCN ANPR database.

In the event we LOCATE your vehicle it will be REMOVED and taken to AUCTION without any further warning.

Additional costs of £xxx.xx will be incurred plus auctioneers costs."

I have a couple of questions.

1. This is for 2 PCNs from NCP. Does his count as a private pcn? If not what can I write to dispute this? (I can only find templates for private parking tickets)

2. My car is on hire purchase. Am I correct in saying they cannot recover the vehicle because it does not belong to me? If so what relevant law can I refer to in a letter disputing the ticket?

Thank you in advance

I received a letter from collect services today stating the following;

"WARNING OF INTENDED SEIZURE OF VEHICLE AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION IN USE

Dear XXXX XXXX

Due to your failure to settle this unpaid Penalty Charge Notice(s) your vehicle has now been included on our outstanding PCN ANPR database.

In the event we LOCATE your vehicle it will be REMOVED and taken to AUCTION without any further warning.

Additional costs of £xxx.xx will be incurred plus auctioneers costs."

I have a couple of questions.

1. This is for 2 PCNs from NCP. Does his count as a private pcn? If not what can I write to dispute this? (I can only find templates for private parking tickets)

2. My car is on hire purchase. Am I correct in saying they cannot recover the vehicle because it does not belong to me? If so what relevant law can I refer to in a letter disputing the ticket?

Thank you in advance

is this for council PCNs or bogus NCP ones ? is it CCS Collect ?. OF this if or PPC invoices then the letter is in itselff illegal and if they perform the action they are even more illegal and you or the driver at the time would perfectly justified in cutting the clamp off. lets find out it if council of PPC first. If its PPC then we need to line up the criminal charges against them I believe.

council enforcement doesn't usually involve letters like that. and they can't immediately go to auction. either way its a very dodgy letter by the sound of it. we just need to find out how dodgy. is it very or very very ?

Forgive me guys, I am not too clued up on the jargon. What is "OF" and a "PPC invoice?

I've had another proper look at he documents. It is CCS! They are chasing me for 2 seperate parking tickets. 1 PCN is a council one, and the other PCN is an NCP car park ticket. (both are for pay and displays) In December they sent me a letter stating the following;

"REMOVAL CONTRACTOR APPOINTMENT

TAKE NOTICE

Dear Sir / Madam

Due to your failure to clear this account we have appointed REMOVAL CONTRACTORS who will now attend yout premises with our SENIOR REMOVAL BALIFF in the next few days.

Your apointment has been booked between 7.00am and 9.00pm. Monday to Saturday and they will continue to call at different times until this PCN is paid in full or REMOVAL OF YOUR VEHICLE/GOODS to Public Auction has taken place. The only way to cancel the appointment is to settle the account in full, to our office, before they attend.

If you have any dispute about this debt it must be put in writing and where relevant supported by documentary evidence. Disputes cannot be resolved by our call centre.

Yours faithfully"

I didnt hear anything from them until the "notice of intended seizure..." I recieved yesterday. I will try and scan the notice today at work and post up here so you guys can have a proper look.

Thanks again for the help

Hi lamma

Here's the story. I have numerous unpaid PCNs. I'm new to the site and originally joined for help regarding another matter for which I am receiving so much help for is unbelievable. This has encouraged me to lock down and really sort out my debt problems by confronting them head on.

I have ignored all letters I have ever received from the DCA. The debt is 1-2 years old. It's only now I've decided to tackle these. The only documents I have from CCS are the ones mentioned in my last post. I have scanned and uploaded the latest one (i.e. seizure notice).

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/997/dccsseizurenotice.jpg

Thanks again for the help