help with bank charges needed please

senferlaka
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Thanks for the info, still had no reply from lloyds and i am now wondering if they think i don't have enough grounds to take them to the ombudsman. Surely they would try to put me off further. As you know my charges are an awful lot over 6 yrs, but my story goes like this

In January my husbands work dried up badly, and we were charged again for overdraft etc.

In February my statement said we were going to be charged £455 for all the D.D sent back etc

I telephoned them to ask if they could stop the charges as if they took them out my bills would not be paid and then all the others wouldn't and it would just escalate my problem, reply was 'cannot help and cannot stop the charges, but to put a claim in for the last 6 yrs.' They told me to do it! Low and behold they took the £455 out and all my other bills weren't then paid

Then i noticed this site and started the ball rolling to claim back all my charges. My bills were being sent back continuously and i have never recovered. I telephoned again in March and she looked at my expenditure and i told her my income. She agreed that i was in financial difficulty and asked me to change to a basic account, which i did.

She said they would stop further charges and would up my overdraft to cover a few bills. but every month they lower the O.D by £50. Which i am still struggling to find along with my utility bills.

I have since opened a parachute account and transferring my d.d to that account slowly.

Do you think Lloyds have done everything to help me?, Do you think the Ombudsman would see it that its all my fault?

I'm unsure whether to take it further because i'm not entirely certain that Lloyds have made it difficult for me.

Although i feel they haven't helped much, since sending the letters about financial difficulty they have nt really responded, only the normal formal letters that they send to everyone about the OFT in July and all that jarglon

What is the opinion you think of my case?

Senferlaka, you tick some of the boxes for financial hardship; income reduced, more than £500 worth of bank charges in the last 12 months. I would suggest from the above that you have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax utilities) which ticks the boxes. without seeing your income and expenditure form it would be impossible to say for certain that you are in financial hardship as defined by the waiver. HOWEVER, you appear to tick more than two boxes and I suspect you might tick a few more.

Ombudsman wouldn't be looking at if its your fault or the banks' but merely whether you are suffering financial hardship as defined by the waiver.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

thank you yourbank.

I ll start the letter and keep all informed. Lookoing at the success stories of people in financial hardship Barclays seem to be forgiving but not many at all mentioned the dreaded LLoyds

• 3 weeks later...

Well would you believe it, stopped all my direct debits and LLoyds have started taking out overdraft interest charges now plus charged me for returned D/D's again. They had stopped all charges but since i ve cancelled all my D/D they have taken out last months charges again. Now i'm over my overdraft and can't afford to pay the charges to bring it under the overdraft, so next month more charges, great!

I did telephone FOS on monday and they are looking into my case for financial hardship, but not sure what happens next. More stress........

• 2 weeks later...
Furthermore you can go back further under the FSA Waiver which is to 27th July 2001 so you might have missed a few charges ;)

Go back as far as 1995

• 3 weeks later...

FOS sent LLoyds a letter about my complaint with them, Lloyds just sent a pre written letter to me stating the same thing, until the Test Case is concluded they will put everything on hold. Lloyds are now charging me for interest and overdraft charges, over £130 per month and i aint got any D/D in the accounts and not using account at all. In my opinion they are certainly not helping. CCCs have sent them a letter stating i am now on a DMP and have given them the amount they will get. I am now receiveing 2 phone calls a day, and have received a letter saying i am not returning my calls when they leave a message and i have not responded to my overdraft, meaning i should be paying £50 off per month(which is what i agreed with them some months ago). Don't know which way to turn, do i ring Lloyds and tell them about the letter they should have received from CCCS or do you think its a way for them to pressure me into paying more (that i can't afford) or should i contact FOS in 3 wks time (8wks are up then) and explain what Lloyds are doing to help my financial hardship( zilch)