How to build up a good credit file

Bobity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

How do I know if my credit rating is still likely to be poor? I am afraid to apply for things like a BT landline, internet connection or anything that might end up with the company doing a credit search in case it comes back negative. Am I correct in thinking that if a search is done and the company refuse to supply a service eg phoneline it leaves yet another negative footprint on record. How on earth do I go about rebuilding my reference positively.

Regards

Bob

The annual credit report website accesses callcredit information. If you sign up to them you'll receive lots of marketing emails from them offering credit cards, loans etc. that are relevant to your credit rating (that's how they make their money).

You can get 30 days free access to your credit report with Experian and Equifax as well (just make sure you cancel the subscription within 30 days). I've posted 2 links to their services below.

Free Equifax Credit Report

Experian CreditExpert

The same website has some good information on credit reports, credit scores etc. If you want to learn some more:

Get a Good Credit Score

Improve My Credit Rating

Hope this helps!

The annual credit report website accesses callcredit information. If you sign up to them you'll receive lots of marketing emails from them offering credit cards, loans etc. that are relevant to your credit rating (that's how they make their money).

That's odd because I have never received a single email or snailmail offering such products & I have an excellent credit rating now.

https://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk/about/credit-reporting-agency.htm

Who is Credit Reporting Agency?

This website is operated by Credit Reporting Agency Limited.

Established in 1999, Credit Reporting Agency Limited was the first company in the UK to give consumers online access to credit reports. We are an independent, privately owned company with no links to any government agency, lender, credit card company, bank or building society.

We have helped over 1.5 million consumers to find their credit scores, credit ratings, credit reports and lenders most likely to say yes.

Our aims are to provide consumers with:

Crystal clear pricing - check the values we work within

Outstanding value for money - read more

Professional, prompt customer service - view testimonials

Unlike most credit reporting agencies, consumers are the principal focus of our business. Virtually all other credit reporting agencies obtain the majority of their income by selling information to others about you. We do not. Credit Reporting Agency never sells your personal information to anyone. Consumers are our customers, not businesses.

Edited by cerberusalert

Thanks everyone. I previously started to register for the free trial experian but I read in their smallprint that they pass your details on so I didn't finish registering.