Black Horse have issued a court date for possession of my car Please HELP

Guest suziedarkness
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The judge will review what's happened so far, then decide what issues are unresolved and how they can best be resolved.

When I say "submissions" I mean what further documents are required for the case to be tried. This could involve original documents, witness statements from either side, court bundle (the main body of evidence you'd put together).

The Directions Hearing itself should be brief and uncomplicated. You may be asked to say a few words, eg where you see the case is at just now and what you see as the main issues.

The Directions Hearing should make it clear for you what the nexts steps will be. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 months later...
Guest suziedarkness

**UPDATE**

Been back to court for the Directions hearing.

The week before court hearing, BH solicitors wrote to me saying that if I was prepared not to go after them for anything further, they would drop their claim.

I didnt think this was a good idea, BH may well realise that they are on a sticky wicket with this.

Anyhow, at the court hearing the Judge said that after looking through my defence and witness statement in his opinion it looks like I have a case against BH, so he was going to allow 8 weeks for us to try and resolve the issues, failing that we would be back in court.

I have now received the judge's order and it says exactly what he told me would happen. It also says that each party should contact the other with the view to try and resolve. It also mentions court mediation service. The next court date has been set in December and 2 and a half hours has been allowed.

what should I do now? should I write to BH solicitors and if so what should I say or should I use the mediation service?

Any advice greatly appreciated as always.

Hi SD,

I believe the Mediation Service has to be paid for and is not cheap, so you may wish to avoid this route.

You should now decide what you want to achieve, and open negotiations with BH accordingly.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Guest suziedarkness

Hi Slick,

It does actually state that the court mediation service is free. I would prefer to try and negotiate myself in the first instance I think!! I just dont quite know how to approach the matter.

Hi SuzieD,

As I said above, start by deciding what you want to achieve. Then decide how you can best you can do this. If the mediation service is free, why not make use of it. The sol'rs are not likely to be very helpful in reaching the sort of outcome you want.

(This isn't an area I'm used to, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.)

Looking back, you have been given advice in posts 102, 104, 115 and 119 which you should use to your advantage. If you can show the credit agreement was at fault, then you should make good use of this.

I assume you took photos of the car before it was taken back.

Hopefully, some of the other contributors to this thread will come back.