Phone call from bank with re charges

Ours d'Airdrie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a call from my bank wanting to discuss my claim. I managed to put them off until Thursday(work etc..).

Have any you guys who are applying to have your charges refunded had this ??

If so what generaly will they try & do?? Offer me a refund over the phone or say i'm getting nothing i'm not entittled???

I'm not to keen on speaking to them as i'm not very legally minded & dont wont to say something I shouldn't.

Any help on how to proceed would be great.

Just ask them to put anything in writing so that you have time to consider it, see the terms & conditions, etc. Don't let them talk you into accepting anything over the phone (except a full settlement of the claim, with no conditions).

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

...and even then, get it in writing.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

if you don't want to talk to them, then ask them to prove they are who they say they are, and that they work for who they say they work for, they'll not be able to prove either so tell them that your not willing to talk to them until they can, and in future to only correspond in letters, then hang up.

they won't speak to you until you've proven who you are so use their own rules against them, it's great fun listening to them panic when you turn the tables!;)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Tell them you are recording the call and see how fast the can get the phone down lol:) Get it in writing and let us know what happens;)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.