Capone response to CCA

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Exchange

Im confused if they have terminated the account does that not mean they pass it on to DCA. Why are they now not allowed to collect through DCA outstanding amount.

Ang

Because they have issued a 'defective' default notice & then terminated the a/c they can only claim the amount of arrears due. The remaining balance has to be written off. See;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/199543-quick-default-notice-question.html

I just wondered how long it took for you to reach this stage, and if I took a similar route, bearing in mind I am in the UK how long I could expect the battle to go on for.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Hi Capricorn1601, I started my battle at the start of March 2009 and now have threats of doorstep callers, 2 accounts terminated properly and one not properly and then there is MBNA who seem to do things differently to everyone else! If you have looked at other threads on here as I am sure you have you must know this is a lengthy process.

Latest threat-o-gram attached, and they are going to call me next. Shaking in my boots (not!). Have I imagined it or are they supposed to offer contact on telephone lines which don't cost me a fortune?

At least the letter is further confirmation that the account is terminated as the amount has not changed since the last letter.

Edited by exchange
Personal info visible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Threat o gram 280709.pdf

Latest threat o gram from this lot. At least they managed to put an account number on it this time.

Threatening doorstep callers and I would love to send the template letter to show I know my rights in the UK, problem is I'm not in the UK so not sure where I stand in the unlikely event that someone would show up.

What's better is the so called agreement which arrived in my SAR. I will put it on the next post.

Thanks cerberusalert, always nice to get confirmation of what I think.

As this account is terminated by Crapone and they are threatening doorstep callers I am tempted to ignore, but also tempted to write accepting the termination and telling them to (politely!) go away!

Not sure if I should waste printer ink!

Removed! Thanks for noticing that AA99. As you know, they put the reference in the letter so many times it makes you wonder if it is to try and catch you out!

Would you respond in my situation?

I'm amazed you have been singled out!!! Very few people have actually received a CCA from Crap one

I CCA'd these bas***ds and all I have received is some recycled paper with you will have to make do with this as you CCA letter.

My case is on hold, i'M sstill paying them currently, as I dont have the strength to fight.

Edited by Capricorn1601

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

I'm amazed you have been singled out!!! Very few people have actually received a CCA from Crap one

I CCA'd these bas***ds and all I have received is some recycled paper with you will have to make do with this as you CCA letter.

My case is on hold, i'M sstill paying them currently, as I dont have the strength to fight.

Hi Capricorn1601, I only got the copy of the 'agreement' by sending an SAR.

At least I have a better idea of where I stand with them. Funny that they stated that the rubbish they sent me back in March was a copy of my original agreement!

I have now written to all 4 of my disputed creditors pointing out non-compliance with my SAR as three of them only provided the last 6 years statements and to Crapone as they sent the unenforceable application form already posted in my SAR.

It is really quiet at the moment, not much in the way of contact from any of them by letter, phone or text. It must be Summer!!

I have now written to all 4 of my disputed creditors pointing out non-compliance with my SAR as three of them only provided the last 6 years statements and to Crapone as they sent the unenforceable application form already posted in my SAR.

It is really quiet at the moment, not much in the way of contact from any of them by letter, phone or text. It must be Summer!!

Me too, but have had some disappointing results from eager solicitors to say they're not really interested in anything under £5k. One of our Capone accounts is credit limit of £800 with that much now in charges, the other £200 credit limit with that much in charges:eek: Am about to send them a final final final final letter soon, btw I am unemployed with no house and 3 dependents :cool: