Capone response to CCA

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do CrapOne ever give up calling?

I had been receiving 4 calls a day to my mobile but it has recently reduced to 2 a day.

I log all calls but I have never spoken to them and they are easy to ignore as I only receive calls to my mobile which is on vibrate only and doesn't therefore bother me much.

I have had calls every working day for the last month. I just wondered at what point they might give up!

Response 4.pdf

Response 5.pdf

More nonsense from Ellie (on maternity leave still I wonder?) and a threat-o-gram from Vice President of Collections (should I be standing and saluting! - idiots!).

They have already sent me a DN. I just realised that this is dated on a Sunday (25 May 2009)! I have 28 days to pay the overdue amount from the date of the DN so this is until the 21 June 2009, but they have not specified the actual date so invalid DN. They say agents may visit my home. Anybody know of DCA's sending people outside the UK?

Ellie continues to state that they have sent a copy of my original agreement but then says if anything has varied then the copy agreement will include the updated terms. How can it be a copy of the original agreement if it has updated terms in it? All so illogical!

They continue to call once a day to my mobile which is logged and never answered.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone?

Im still waiting for my CCA only requested few days ago, but im worried sick cause i signed the letter and forgot to put line through it:confused:.

How much will that matter to me, i have had to write to them in past and will have signed letters so me thinks they probably could find something anyway.

Not ideal to sign them with your usual signature. I sign everything but I use a different enough signature to know if anyone copies it for all letters and cheques during this process with CCC's but not so different that the bank notices on the cheques;).

Exchange.

Realised today no calls to my mobile now for more than a week from Crapone. No calls today from MBNA, and M&S and Mint both stopped calling ages ago. Postman hasn't brought anything for the last few days either. I am now expecting to go on to the DCA stage with all 5 credit cards although not being in the UK may make this different to the normal way things develop as I have seen on this site.

I wonder if it's gone quiet because I sant SAR requests?

300609.pdf

Attached first contact I have had on any credit card agreement from a supposedly outside company. I have already read too much on here to be fooled that easily as I know that F.T.C being a trading division of Capquest is just a Crapone department for naughty people!

Normally letters from Crapone take over a week to get to me as they like most others only put 1st Class postage on letters when I am not in the UK. This one is dated the 30/06/09 and arrived today 02/07/2009! Either the post office have suddenly got very efficient (unlikely!) or the date on the letter is not correct (more likely!).

The letter states that I have been terminated.

A default notice was sent dated the 24/05/2009 with payment required 'within 28 days of the date of this letter'. The amount asked for was just arrears, considerably less than the full balance now being demanded.

Can anyone tell me if they have got this right and should I send the bemused letter?

I have only ever received the reconstructed agreement form them without signature boxes and therefore no true copy so they may have complied with CCA 1974 but not with my CPR 31.16 request and I have a SAR due by the beginning of August.

All advice gratefully received.

Thanks cerberusalert. Already subbed to A Tale of a Dodgy DN and now subbed to the other thread as well.

As I understand it, if the DN is dodgy then they may only be able to demand the arrears, but would still have to produce an enforceable agreement to win in court.

Not sure if sending the bemused letter will make any difference to anything if this latest letter is effectively from Crapone anyway.

Should I respond or wait for the next threat-o-gram?

Probably, I think their Sabbath is from sunset friday 'til saturday sometime. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd make up their minds in the last letter they sent you, first they say they'll pass it on to another DCA on the 21st Aug then they give you until 6th July to reply....muppets.

I'd ignore them for now & see what their next move will be. ;)

One point that has been bugging me. F.T.C say in their letter that my account has been terminated. Should I take this as being correct or should I have a Crapone letter stating 'Account Termination' before I can be absolutely certain that it is terminated. I seem to remember reading doubts about the validity of termination unless it is from the OC.

Thanks for any replies.

Thansk cerberusalert.

That's what I suspected as without an actual date of account termination in writing from Crapone they could still issue another DN if I understand correctly, and maybe get it right second time around!