style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I am a very poor driving instructor. By that I don't mean I am as my title suggests, I mean I am skint!

I have thought it about a fair while and have decided to file for BR. I do have a couple of questions that I couldn't seem to find the answers to and would be very grateful if anyone could help with this.

1. I sell a fair few things on Ebay to raise some money, not a lot but perhaps I may have £200 in my paypal account from time to time. Will I have to declare my paypal account as a bank account? Will paypal freeze my account if I do/don't?

2. I am up to date with all my credit cards, as in I am not in arrears. i just cannot keep up with them any more and have been selling my home contents to make minimum payments for months. I am however behind with my loand with barclays (£15k) and have been making a pitiful payment of £60 a month for the past 4 months. They are not jumping up and down as such, I just canot cope with it.

So, I want to file for BR and have been told by my local county court that they are booking about 6 weeks ahead. I am very scared about the whole process. I have read all sorts on here and the general impression is that the judge will not bite and the OR is nice and pleasant. What excatly will teh OR want?

Lastly, does anyone know if I will have to tell DSA? I am a registered driving instructor and in order to stay on the register you have to be a 'fit and proper person'. Now, I am not a criminal but doesn't being bankrupt effect me?

Please help anyone. I am pulling what little hair I have left out.

ps...... DON'T believe the adverts about earning £30k a year from being a driving instructor. You will be lucky to make £100 a week. I would have been better off in McDonalds!

BR really is the last resort, there are other methods of dealing with all this, take time to look around this site and see the other options.

the first thing to do is make a list of all creditors and write to each and tell them your plight, and that you would like to either a. take a payment holiday or b. look at paying a reduced sum.

failing that are there any accounts that have charged you unlawful fees that you can start to claim back.

Thanks.

No, I just want a clean start. I will never pay all these debts so there is no point trying. I am also quite ill and won't be able to work much longer. I am due to go into hospital again next month for another operation and that will stop me working (Hah, what work) for a few more weeks.

I don't mind the bit in the paper or the 'shame of it all'. Water of a ducks back with me. I do want to go BR and end al this worry and woa.

But, am I missing something? Is it really just a case of fill out some forms, pay the county court and have a telephone interview then it all goes away? My total debts are not massive. About £25k. Big enough, but reading some of the others this is not huge. Just too big for me.

Thanks again.

I don't own my home, privately rented - all up to date with rent, always have been.

As for assetts, apart from my car that I use to teach in, worth about £3k I don't have any valuable goods. I was originaly under the impression that they would strip the house bare but having read a fair bit and asked a few people I am now under the impression that they would definitely want to know about anything like a Cartier watch etc (which I don't have LOL), but have no interest in average houshold contents like furtniture (Unless antique or valuable) or my PC, clothing, bedding etc etc. Am I right on this now or will they want to empty my home after all?

Grey area here. I have deliberitely sepertaed my self financially from my wife. We do not have a joint account and all loans, cards etc are in my name only- no joint things at all. So, I presume they cannot touch her half of anything anyway. Again, we don't have anything of value anyway so a bit of a silly point I suppose, but if they did want to strip the house I wouldn't want them taking her clothes etc.

I read someones BR on here yesterday and it has frightened the doo-lallies out of me. The judge threatening the poor soul with prosecution for deception??????? I haven't decieved anyone except perhaps myself with the belief that I might make a living as a driving instructor.

Some info here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/formal-solutions-bankruptcy-administration/56970-insolvency-dealing-debt.html

You wont get stripped of anything and your wife is not responsible for your debts.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.