Welcomes loan cca has scrambled my brain, please help

alb10n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a loan out with welcome finance (boo hiss) almost a year and a half ago and after reading through the other threads on welcome, and their shennanigans I decided to scrutinise my credit agreement. Which has led me to ask a few hopefully easily answered questions, as i am a little naive still when it comes to finance.

Firstly my loan was for £2500 over 36 months paying £131.51 with 59.39%APR. It says that the rate of interest is 55.55% and the interest charge is £2159.36.

My first problem iv found with this is i cant work out how the interest charge has been worked out from the £2500. Iv used loan calculators and they have varied from being spot on to being 1p less to being a few thousand off. So i decided to work it out manually and found that i worked it out to be almost one and a half thousand less than that quoted. Does anyone know the formula they use to work it out?

There are a few more issues but i dont want to write a stupidly large first post if it turns out im not using the right formulas. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Iv not got a scanner im afraid, is there anything you can do without seeing it? are there things i should be looking out for? Im aware of the issue with adding the acceptance fee to the total interest but i think thats not happened to me.

Ok cheers

Total amount of credit: £2500

Amount of credit for cash advance:£2500

Amount of credit (cash advance and settle loan):£2500

Duration of agreement months:36

Amount of each monthly payment:£131.51

Number of monthly payments:36

APR:59.39%

Total Charge for credit:£2234.36

Acceptance fee:£75

Interest charge:£2159.36

Rate of interest per annum:55.55%

Iv not got any PPI or any other type of insurance, and iv included anything which has a number in sorry if some of it is of no use.

Hi guys

Could someone look at my agreement and see if the figures stack up.

i used a simple calculation to test the charge for credit on the insurance, this was i took the the total cost of the insurance £1,798.06 and x it by 12% which is the stated rate of interest per annum - which gave me £215.76 i then x that by 4 years the lencth of the agreement and got £836.06 the same as they get. but when i use the same formula for the cost of the goods the figures dont stack up?

Is it me?

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/dadofholly/img004-1.jpg

hope this link works

Edited by dadofholly
private info showing