style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had the letter below come through and was looking for some help.

I moved from one council to my current council over three years ago.

At my old council I got a CCJ for payment but am sure i paid it all off.

Been with my current council now for over three years and this letter below come through.

Can they chase you after 3 yrs?

any help???

thanks

EDIT Can you please re post the letter with the identifying data removed saintly

Edited by saintly_1

Halifax

Settled in Full

Cap One

Settled in Full

Citi Card

Settled in Full

Yes they can chase you after 3 years. Even more so if it is subject to a court order.

What they cant do for less than £ 750 is make you Bankrupt as suggested.

I would let them return it to the council while you check you payment details.

Keep us informed.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Couple of points:

!. "overallowed HB" (ouch, dreadful grammar) - I take this to mean an overpayment of Housing Benefit.

Were you on Housing Benefit at the time?

2. Have you had any of their so-called previous requests?

3. How do they know that you are in fact the debtor? Addressing a letter like this to "Dear Sir/Madam" flags up warning bells to my mind.

As TC says, let them return it to the council - do NOT, under any circumstances call b & s.

Lastly, you should remove the ref no. showing in the letter as it is an identifier - do you recognise it by the way?

Regards.

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Many people do the same thing as you and this is a gentle warning to any others considering posting on here.

In the first place, yes the council can indeed pursue you for this debt and the legislation merely provides that they must post correspondence to the LAST KNOWN ADDRESS !!

This letter from B & S is a clear indiction that they are intending returning the debt back as they cannot contact you.

However, you have posted a copy of the letter with details of the ACCOUNT REFERENCE. Please be VERY CAREFUL of this because bailiff companies and local authorities view these posts every day !!!

Please REMOVE details of which local authority is involved and the account reference !!! You can do this by using the edit button at the bottom of the post.

Couple of points:

!. "overallowed HB" (ouch, dreadful grammar) - I take this to mean an overpayment of Housing Benefit.

Were you on Housing Benefit at the time?

2. Have you had any of their so-called previous requests?

3. How do they know that you are in fact the debtor? Addressing a letter like this to "Dear Sir/Madam" flags up warning bells to my mind.

As TC says, let them return it to the council - do NOT, under any circumstances call b & s.

Lastly, you should remove the ref no. showing in the letter as it is an identifier - do you recognise it by the way?

Regards.

i did go onto housing bernift for a few months while out of work.

not had any other letters apart from this and am sure i made all old payments

Halifax

Settled in Full

Cap One

Settled in Full

Citi Card

Settled in Full

This is nothing to do with council tax and is simply debt recovery for over paid housing benefit which CANNOT be enforced.

B&S are simply acting as debt collectors for this and not Bailiffs. Also they cannot charge you anything at all - the council will pay them a percentage of what they collect from you.

I advise you to simply ignore it. No possibility fo a walking possession for this.