A new DCA tactic for everyone to use

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me thinks Halifax are on a last desperate attempt at earning some cash with this feeble, thrown together in 2 mins letter.

halifaxrubbish.jpg

In other words they mean they have nothing enforceable, and are basically stuffed after sending it to 4 DCA's who also failed.

This letter was their reply to me pointing out 6 different things that render their so called agreement and default notice totally void. :D

Now they threaten me that they may sell the debt onto a DCA. :rolleyes:

Feel free, it's almost April, you need to get the bad debt off your books by writing it off against tax. So feel free Halifax, sell it to a DCA for 10% of it's value. (Anyone know what 10% of nothing is?)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

on the compensation bit. it costs any company £450 quid for the ombudsman to review a complaint regardless of the ruling they make.so if you ask for less than £450, it is cheaper for the company to pay you than maybe having to pay the £450 and a payout to you. If everyone did it, the only thing left standing would be the ombudsman...who crumble when more than 2 letters arrive!:D

Hello everyone. Excellent thread. A lot of posters have given excellent suggestions. Now lets get down to business. To make this idea workable I suggest the following:

* Lets firstly appoint an expert on here to overlook everything. For example, lets say we have appointed "Mr A".

* Now, each time any of us gets a letter from a DCA which we feel is completely unreasonable, we pass on the letter to Mr A for evaluation.

* Mr A then evaluates the letter and responds to the letter demanding payment, explaining the reasons for the demand, and the consequences if payment is not made in a reasonable time period.

* Any payments received from a DCA are then distributed as follows. 60% of the payment is passed on to the poster whose lead it was. 20% goes to Mr A for his time/expertise/expenses. The remaining 20% goes to this excellent site.