Southern Electric/Buchanan Clark & Wells - At wits end!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will get the rant over with first.

Large electric bill from old address - couldnt pay as having financial difficulties. Early Jan this year rang BC&W and offered to pay £20 per month - refused advising me they would keep ringing and send someone round to my house to collect money. Paid £20 online anyway and advised them I would continue to do so.

More letters and phone calls. Reiterated my offer to them - said they had spoken to Southern Electric who wouldnt accept offer unless I did income/expenditure in 48 hrs - did it there and then - refused offer saying i couldnt afford the payment. Rang me again same day asking same questions - advised they should take me off their call back list and considered this harrassment.

Then called SEC direct and after being passed around and explaining situation they called me back and said they would accept £20 per month. Received 2 letters from SEC agreeing to offer and advising 1st payment would be taken from bank on 1st March.

Last week calls again from BC&W - advised I had set up arrangement with SEC - they had not been told so would continue to chase. Rang SEC - they had wrong account number - took payment immediately.

Today - more calls/letters from BC&W - they will not stop contacting me until SEC tell them to. Rang SEC - agreed payment had been made as per agreement - BUT were going to cancel DD as they arrangement was incorrect and shouldnt have been made - mistake by their staff - even though I have letters agreeing and I have stuck to it they dont want to anymore - want whole balance in 14 days.

Am fuming - any advice appreciated.

:-x

Won £3800 from Lloyds!

Issued one letter

Issued court proceedings

Defence entered by Lloyds

Entered my Allocation Questionnaire

Unless Order from District Judge

Lloyds failed to comply

Entered Request for Judgment

Judgment Entered

2 days later money in bank!!!

:D

yea - why did you ring them in Jan!!!

stop talking to these people on the phone!

never talk to a DCA on the phone, always demand everything by letter..

now, how old is the SEC debt etc

a bit of history please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The original debt is now 2 years old.

I didnt ring BC&W - they would have rung me.

Would you believe I have had another letter from SEC today dated 11 March agreeing to my payment plan!

What other information do you require?

Won £3800 from Lloyds!

Issued one letter

Issued court proceedings

Defence entered by Lloyds

Entered my Allocation Questionnaire

Unless Order from District Judge

Lloyds failed to comply

Entered Request for Judgment

Judgment Entered

2 days later money in bank!!!

:D

no sounds like its sorted then.

just as one final point.

you say the debt original debt is 2yrs old.

IF you did not receive a bill for this debt within the past calendar year, then they cannot collect on it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IF you did not receive a bill for this debt within the past calendar year, then they cannot collect on it.

Oooh! Sounds like a plan, please do tell I am suitably intrigued, especially as these goons sent me a bill for nearly £400 for three months electric!:mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

and they

• 3 weeks later...

A ha, many thanks, I am now suitably informed and further educated, every day is a school day as they say!

Would you believe I have had another letter from SEC today dated 11 March agreeing to my payment plan!

Fightinghard, if you make a formal complaint and kick up enough fuss they may give you monetary compensation. It worked for me, £40 comp & 20% discount on all future bills!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!