HSBC/First Direct placed ccj and charging order without my knolage.

braindead58
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First Direct / HSBC. has taken me to court without my knolage hence it was not contested. for a debt totally made up of unfair bank charges.

I now have a CCJ and a charge against my property.defaults have been logged with credit referance angencies etc,

Basically they have ruined my life. My estranged wife is on anti depressants with all the stress that they have caused.I know that they have acted against the guidlines of the bba and the oft but im not sure how to start fighting them back.any help or advice in this matter would be gratefully Recieved

Braindead58

Hi braindead , welcome to the forum .... :)

They really are a despicable shower , you are supposed to have letters warning you of impending of all these actions they have taken .......

There is a link here which may help you to contest the CCJ ...if that is thrown out the rest should be withdrawn as a consequence, I would say .

How to set aside a judgement in the County Court (CCJ)

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=12_how_to_set_aside_a_judgment_in_the_county_court

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this one ...;) so keep your eye on the thread........

And by all means come back and ask if you're in any doubt - someone will answer , and we're a friendly lot on here .....:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

thanks guys will check this all out.I think they sent the court papers to my previous address that i own with my ex wife. but she says she has never got anything i left her 3 years ago and hsbc new we were seperated only I found out about the ccj in in january when i signed up for my credit reports.

So did HSBC know your new/current address when they CCJ'd and Defaulted you , braindead? If they did and sent the notifications to your old address , I would say you have a case for lifting everything they've thrown at you .......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

they didnt have my currant address but they did have the address where i was living with my parents after leaving my wife (they sent letters to me there)and if my parents had recieved anything they would have forwarded on to me

Right - it may help to look again at the link I gave you - reasons for applying to lift /set aside a CCJ ............

Nemo me impune lacessit

You need to follow the steps on the National Debtline web page Johnny posted for you above.

The court should then set aside the charging order and the CCJ and you should be allowed to defend the banks claim. To do this you will need to quantify your own claim for the charges they have taken from you to use in your defence.

If you have not already done this you should start now and as you seem to have been moving around a bit I doubt you will have all of your bank statements so you will need to send a Data Protection Act SAR (Template in the templates library).

pete