The Car Shop Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I hope someone can assist me with this. We have a baby on the way due in May, and the car we currently have is simply too small for our needs now, we did buy this car on finance, and still owe some money on it. We went to the car shop last Friday to have a look around, just literally to look! Got talking to a salesman, he advised us that the cost they would offer to part x our car would not clear the finance on it. So we would have to sell our car privately. It was getting late in the evening and they were pushing for a sale on a particular car, we didn’t want to purchase a car yet, as we were just looking, it was an Audi A3 at £9,600. For starters that’s way over what we wanted to pay on a car, ok it looks nice, drives well, nice size, newer than the one we have, low mileage etc. But with the monthly payments we would have to pay more than we are paying at the moment on finance which we really didn’t want to do with us dropping a wage, because of me finishing work soon.

They kept pushing and pushing and we just kept telling them we didn’t want to spend that much each month on finance on the car, and its much more than we anticipated spending, we don't want to owe 10 grand over 5 years!!. So to get them off our back we gave them a £450 deposit and they said they would get back to us if they could strike a deal with the finance companies to get us the finance for £200 a month (which I still didn’t really want to pay). They told us the deposit is refundable if they can't get us finance (our credit rating isn’t that great, so just to get them off our back we gave them the deposit hoping they would get back to us to tell us we had been refused as it always happens when we apply for credit anyway, esp for such an amount!). Well we hadn’t heard anything all sat and starting to get worried as this £450 is OUR money and stupidly let them take it out of our bank account!!

Anyway we rang up later on Saturday to be told they had applied for credit at one Company, which had refused us, and were just waiting on another Company, so they would get back to us Monday. After much deliberation Sunday about the car we decided that its too much, its out of our price range and with a baby on the way we need to be practical with our finances. Noone got back to us Monday so again we rang them and we were told that the person we needed to speak to would ring us back, NO PHONE CALL!! Ok so Tues - STILL NO NEWS!! We rang them they said that the finance guy who is dealing with the sale was on the 'early' shift and had gone home. But that he would be in tomorrow, and they are still waiting for finance to come back. My husband demanded they just refund the deposit and forget it were not waiting all this time for them to contact us!!! They said they couldn’t refund as yet, because they are still waiting for finance companies to come back to them with a deal!!

How long does it take to find out whether we can get finance or not???? surely not this long!!! I feel like there stalling on purpose and have our money!!! Also the car they are trying to get us to buy has suddenly disappeared off their website, so does this mean they are putting it on hold for us or someone else has actually bought it??? Its so frustrating waiting around for an answer!!! I just want this to be over now, how long will they keep this going giving us excuses??? I don't really know what else I can do

We spoke to them again on the phone last night, we were told someone would ring us back, we waited ages, NO CALL, so we rang them again!!!! Only to be told all the finance directors had gone home and no-one could help us. WE DONT WANT TO SPEAK TO FINANCE DIRECTORS WE JUST WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!!! Argh! I'm not sure what to do everytime we ring they say they are waiting to hear back from another brokers, and they have no news, plus they wont give us a refund until all brokers have got back to them. How much longer are they going to keep us waiting? Are they hoping that we will just forget about our money and stop ringing??? erm no! ARGH!:???: